Descripción del Trabajo
Develop supply base for use in all quoting activities. In addition, support all quoting activity, create and maintain ISO procedures, train and support members of the department on the use of all business systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develops supply base for use in quoting activities.
· Maintains a list of suppliers and what commodities they provide products for.
· Provides feedback to (and receives input from) Material Quotations Supervisor and Regional Commodity Managers about potential new suppliers to be included in our quoting process.
· Supports all quoting activity.
· Attends quote kick-off meetings for all quotes.
· Maintains knowledge of what information is required to obtain accurate quotes from the supply base and ensures that the required information is available or requests it from the Project Manager responsible for the given quote.
· Prepares quote packages and solicits quotes from the supply base.
· Analyzes supplier quotes and selects suppliers in order to provide complete costed BOM’s to the Project Managers.
· Analyzes current/possible supply sources.
· Maintains record of which suppliers are consistent in providing quotes and related information in a timely manner.
· Establishes methods for analyzing which suppliers are consistent in providing aggressive pricing and lead-times in their quotes.
· Review quotes for suppliers who are not on the potential customers AVL/AML and provides feedback or recommendations to the Project Manager, Material Quotations Supervisor, and Regional Commodity Managers.
· Reviews and works quotes for best possible outcome.
· Works supply base for best possible pricing, lead-times, terms and conditions.
· Reviews quotes with Regional Commodity Managers and Material Quotations Supervisor when required to ensure that the suppliers selected are consistent with any relationships/partnerships we are attempting to establish.
· Maintains log of quoting performance in terms of cycle time to administer quote and results of quote activity, e.g., won business, lost business, etc.
· Support the Commodity Managers and workcell teams by maintaining a knowledge of which suppliers can provide products of a given commodity and who represents these suppliers.
· Performs other special projects for Sr. Manager or Material Quotations Supervisor.
· Is available to the Sr. Manager for special assignments or projects requiring someone with thorough knowledge of the systems, processes and procedures used by the Regional Commodity Management Team and Site Materials Departments.
· Provides assistance in the performance of various routine commodity management assignments.
· Exercises a good working knowledge of materials and sources of supply to make purchases at prices consistent with quality and quantity requirements.
· Evaluates vendor reliability.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
BA plus 1 year purchasing experience of Jabil procured commodities; OR equivalent combination of education and experience. NAPM, MBA and APICs certifications desired.
Work as coordinator to handle the RFQ request from SCDM and work closely with global MQA team for the quotation of EE components