Descripción del Trabajo
Provides leadership, motivation, and training to work area by supervising team members and helping them meeting the company's goals in terms of quality, schedule, yield, and productivity according to procedure. Coordinates day-to-day activities or work area, from start of flow to finish.
$1,500 Sign-on bonus offered to eligible new hires. Pay rates start at $18.00/hr.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist the Production Supervisor in managing the line whenever necessary or when instructed and to drive operators in achieving satisfactory level of machine utilization and efficiency with minimum downtime.
- To highlight to Production Supervisor when there is high fallout.
- Achieve daily standard set by Production Supervisor.
- Able to identify and develop potential operators in handling the right equipment at the right time and motivate operators for greater throughput, quality and efficiency.
- To guide and assist the operators in the skills required to do their jobs.
- To monitor and update hourly production status.
- To serve as a communication link between operators and management.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Degree or equivalent.
Experience must include:
- Knowledge of process flows to include flow charts and written processes.
- Reading, writing and math skills.
- Working Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Jabil system.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, with demonstrated ability to build and maintain teamwork.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $14.11 - $20.45 - $26.79. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.