Descripción del Trabajo
This key role is pivotal in the development and fulfillment of new customer products whose development and manufacturing have been awarded to Jabil. The new products may originate from either the customer or from within the Jabil Design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for the overall management of new product programs thru its lifecycle from concept/design to end-of-life. Includes all stages of development through transition to manufacturing, if needed across multiple Jabil sites.
· For development programs, principal responsibility for:
o Customer interface
o Program financials – development costs, BOM, margin, ROI
o SOW – scope and schedule
o Overall risk management
· Responsible for coordinating for Jabil, its design teams and their deliverables to ensure timely and cost effective product execution globally. The overall scope covers supply chain selection and optimization involved with the products and all factors relating to their development and manufacture – (i.e. time to market, quality, delivery, cost, manufacturability and profitability).
· Main customer focal point for all new product related activity including ESI.
· Develop relationships directly with customer product teams including hardware and software design, marketing, field services, production test, supply chain and operations.
· Understand customer’s product development process and take full ownership for deliverables based on the customer’s timeline.
· Work with customer to achieve target pricing for product and the ability to deliver any agreed quarterly price reductions.
· Maintain clear understanding of both the internal and external requirements, e.g. technologies, cost targets, communication channels/tools, supply chain ownership, volumes, timelines, tooling requirements etc.
· Coordinate planning with all supply chain partners & customer and ensure ownership is defined.
· Develop and manage overall resource plan for the program and address any gaps required (i.e. technology, design, test, tooling, and engineering).
· Responsible for overall management of risks and opportunities for the program – including adequate contingencies and mitigation plans are in place, any potential program trade-offs, and communication and sign-off with the customer.
· Develop, track and report on overall program objectives, ensuring all are met on time to agreed deliverables across multiple manufacturing locations.
· Where applicable, coordinate and review quotations from partners/suppliers to determine if the quotations and proposals meet the objectives of the Product. Challenge any anomalies.
· Develop, track and manage the design cost forecast and actual against agreed targets.
· Support quarterly review pricing process and maintenance of AROD template.
· Ensure effective communication of all relevant customer information both internally and to the supply chain as appropriate.
· Communicate areas for improvement for Jabil and the supply chain (as required), based on feedback from the Customer Product Management Team.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Engineering or product development experience.
· Experience with manufacturing operations and supply chain management.
· Knowledge of the customer – product development, organization, and processes.
· Knowledge of end-market – product, technologies, customer requirements, competitors.
· Customer account management.
· Financial ROI analysis.
· Strategic planning, investment proposals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.