Descripción del Trabajo
Represent the payroll area with other departments in the development and subsequent installation of new and/or revised payroll operations. Compiles data and prepares a variety of time sensitive reports as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare, analyze and audit various times such as payroll general ledger accounts and state, federal and city tax returns.
• Compile payroll statistics for various reports for all locations and when necessary outside agencies
• Coordinate a variety of activities to specific payroll functions to include processing and calculating of bonuses, retroactive adjustments, etc.
• Audit, balance and reconcile payroll data.
• Analyze processing procedures to properly identify and correct errors.
• Coordinate support activities such as employee transfers as they relate to the payroll function for the corporation.
• Identify potential problems and makes recommendations to minimize impact on payroll or other related functions.
• Update and maintain payroll and other financial records.
• Prepare, analyze and select methods of presenting various financial data.
• Assist senior analysts, supervisors, auditors.
• Design and update payroll forms as necessary.
• Assist in the training of new payroll employees, provides work guidance and assist payroll manager in work related problems.
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Plant Payroll Manager
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
• Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
• Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• HS Diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum two years of experience required.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.