Descripción del Trabajo
Coordinate the Workcell Materials team to ensure that the Master Production Schedule is loaded in alignment with customer contract(s) and liability agreements so that the materials team maintains conformance to Jabil’s “Rules of the Road.” Act as main customer contact on materials related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Coordinate the Workcell Materials team to ensure that the Master Production Schedule is loaded in alignment with customer contract(s) and liability agreements so that the materials team maintains conformance to Jabil’s “Rules of the Road.” Acts as main customer contact on materials related issues.
· Direct the Materials workcell team so that all material planning and production planning activities support the goals of the department, workcell, and customer.
· Drive a systematic process to receive, evaluate and fulfill customer demand across the business unit and align with the Purchasing and Planning teams.
· Ensure the execution and deployment of Jabil’s standard planning and purchasing strategies and systems where possible, and implement customized solutions where necessary.
· Ensure the continuity of product supply to the customer in conjunction with Master Schedule, material availability, capacity, and customer demand.
· Manage the overall demand plan and capacity analysis for the workcell.
· Develop and supervise product launch plans for new business within the workcell. Monitors and develops quote processes and/or demand management needs for new business within the workcell.
· Ensure that an achievable Master Schedule is in place to support both customer requirements and Jabil revenue projections. In developing a solid MPS, consideration must be given to materials availability, equipment capability/capacity and staffing.
· Monitor materials metrics for workcell and drives corrective actions for continuous improvement,
· Oversee the disposition and of Excess and Obsolete material within the workcell to maintain contractual obligations and minimize the impact to Jabil.
· Understand and participates in the development and deployment of materials strategies appropriate to the business unit, in concert with the Global Business Unit Materials Manager and the Business Unit Manager(s) / Director.
· Participate in Jabil’s monthly forecast cycle with BUM and Operations Management as required.
· Support GBUMM and Business Unit Management in customer meetings, presentations and audits.
· Serve as an escalation point for the customer and workcell materials employees, as required.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
HS Diploma and two to four years experience in materials. Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university.