At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
The Lead Advanced Technology Engineer conducts multiple activities focused on enhancing technical capabilities within the MTI Engineering Services Group. They are responsible for the discovery and evaluation of new technology, development of related processes and procedures, and the creation of educational materials that establish the baseline knowledge for the technology. The ability to identify, develop and deploy new training materials and tools (e.g. webinars, new technology tutorials) for maintaining technology leadership and the mentoring of junior engineers are key to the lead engineer’s duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify industry trends and assess leading edge technology
- Perform transformational technology research, in conjunction with the MTI roadmap and Jabil business long term planning
- Propose to and receive support from management for the future direction and trends in technology usage across Jabil
- Develop, publish, and promote new standardized processes and procedures as global documents and best practices to key stakeholders to enhance Jabil technology leadership
- Define customer requirements, strategies, and selection of technologies during the development of quotes and proposals
- Identify topics and prepare project proposals for technology investigation or development
- Drive the implementation of multiple new technology initiatives
- Lead the development and deployment of new training modules and best practices to Jabil sites worldwide
- Actively participate in customer meetings in support of Jabil business development as requested
- Lead collaboration efforts with key stakeholders and accept responsibility during transition to manufacturing as necessary
- Manage projects of diverse scope to deliver innovative technologies that impact multiple Jabil customers
- Identify overall project scope and lead DOE, CPK analysis, Gage R&R studies, etc. to identify robust solutions
- Mentor junior engineers during the development and deployment of technologies
- Supervise laboratory personnel responsible for diverse testing
- Create and organize appropriate documentation and records
- Establish relationships with suppliers and coordinate the evaluation of new technologies
- Lead technology training, transfer of best practices, and integration into Jabil facilities as required
- Organize sessions at seminars and conferences associated with relevant technology topics as a representative of Jabil
- Foster new relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Complete training requirements identified by department manager and propose additional training to broaden technical appreciation of new fields that may impact Jabil customers
- Train technical personnel within and external to the MTI organization
- Promote Jabil as a thought leader in non-traditional Jabil markets resulting in invitations to participate in workshops
- Provide baseline process knowledge and materials development that will ease adoption into manufacturing, help improve yields (eliminate defects), provide guidance in the areas of equipment, process (assembly and rework), materials, reliability, troubleshooting etc.
- Perform statistical analysis. Develop baseline processes for the following advanced assemblies: Chip-on-board process development; 01005 component on Rigid and Flex assembly; Underfill and dispensing development studies; Global solder paste qualification procedures; Solder paste screen-printing related studies; Micro-SMT, 0.3mm pitch CSP and multi-stack Package-on Package assemblies; and LED PCB assemblies.
- Comply with MTI time tracking procedures for all work performed and ensure individuals under supervision are in compliance
- Comply with all procedures within the company security policy and ensure individuals under supervision are in compliance
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop
mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Minimum of 8+ years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a Sr. Engineer
· Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
The pay range for this role is $104,268 - $198,024. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan; and paid time off.