Descripción del Trabajo
The Global Immigration Specialist will provide support on immigration matters to internal and external immigration stakeholders across the business. In this role, the Global Immigration Specialist will apply immigration knowledge to ensure internal and regulatory compliance, support end to end processes, provide coverage and knowledge on immigration issues, deliver analysis and recommendations based on data, and communicate with key business stakeholders. This role will assist in identifying risks and escalating case and problematic issues to immigration leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the primary point of contact for a large group of foreign national employees, hiring managers, and HR.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of immigration laws, regulations, practices, and trends.
- Reviews and evaluates all pertinent information and documents related to foreign national applicants and employees to ensure compliance with DHS, DOL, DOS, and USCIS laws/regulations.
- Coordinates new and existing cases with hiring manager, HR, and external immigration counsel.
- Gathers and reviews immigration eligibility documents for potential and current immigration cases, including green card cases in the EB-1, EB-2 and EB-3 preference categories; and H-1B, L-1A, L-1B, TN, F-1, STEM, OPT and CPT, etc. and provide guidance.
- Coordinates and monitors H-1B lottery each year.
- Communicates clearly and effectively on immigration requirements, government procedures, and case processing times to HR, employees, and business leaders.
- Ensures all exceptions to policy are adequately documented, cost projections are communicated, and management approval is obtained for immigration cases.
- Initiates non-immigrant and immigrant visa cases with external immigration counsel.
- Tracks and maintains H-1B Public Access Files to ensure government compliance.
- Experience with Form I-9 compliance, including the reverification process, is a plus.
- Maintains relevant immigration data in employee online immigration files.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking visa expiration dates in Workday for assigned cases.
- Prepare and present various training sessions on a variety of immigration topics to HR, employees, and business leaders in large and small group settings.
- Track and report quarterly immigration metrics.
- Comply and follow all procedures within various company policies.
- Ensures all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or closely related preferred; or equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
- Paralegal Certification is a plus.
- 2–5 years progressive work experience in employment-based immigration in Legal or HR, preferably in an in-house corporate environment to include H-1Bs, L-1A/L-1Bs, TNs, etc., as well as US immigrant filings, including PERM Labor Certifications, EB-2 and EB-3 I-140s, Multi-national Manager and Adjustment of Status Applications.
- Ability to identify and escalate issues appropriately while identifying possible solutions.
- Experience coordinating and prioritizing a high volume of inquiries from foreign national employees, HR, and business leaders.
- Ability to work independently, while also being a strong collaborator with a variety of personalities across many diverse internal groups, teams, divisions, and cultures.
- Demonstrate proficiency in meeting established deadlines. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to function independently and to exercise discretion and judgment in sensitive and confidential matters.