Descripción del Trabajo
The expert in the Optics field.
Researches basic process requirement, line setup and machine & equipment to support the production. Works with other organizations impacted by design development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Leads design and development of the Optics process and improvement plan.
· Leads development and implementation of changes to product design and/or the manufacturing process to achieve efficiency, quality, and/or cost improvements.
· Develops requirement specifications, system concepts, detail drawings, BOM’s and budgets. Makes layouts of complex assemblies and details of parts of devices, mechanisms and structures.
· Leads customer product design engineering for economic production and serves as technical interface with customers as designated.
· Assesses proper material, tooling, automation and equipment selection.
· Works with manufacturing to trouble-shoot problems, upgrades, set-ups, methods development, and the development of process parameters.
· May lead product development meetings and makes recommendations to product design changes to enhance manufacturing and assembly.
· Conduct proof of concept experiments and design other testing requirements as needed.
· Develop SOP’s, operations and maintenance manuals.
· Research new technology or development tools to remain informed of current technology.
· Thorough understanding of Lean Six Sigma tools, projects and processes and ability to incorporate these into assigned engineering projects.
· Lead role in small or large project, as assigned. Reviews completed projects for accuracy, clarity and completeness.
· Ensures projects are compliant with all local, regional, and national regulatory requirements, codes and controls.
· Supports all company safety and quality programs initiatives.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) The Expert in Photonics high speed FiberOptics (100Gbps) and Optoelectronics. Knowledge in fiber optics splicing/testing/polishing/surface inspection/routing methodology is a must.
2) Knowledge & experience in Camera module/Active alignment/Image quality testing
3) Knowledge & hands on experience in LIDAR manufacturing process including the different type of LIDAR technologies such a scanning & flash LIDAR
4) Knowledge in the different types of fiber technology eg. SM/MM and the different fiber wavelength/band such as O/E/S/C/L/U band
5) Knowledge in WDM/DWDM/CWDM (Wavelength Division Multiplexing/Dense Wavelength Multiplexing/Course Wavelength Multiplexing)
6) Provide training and certification for all the Engineers and support the Workcell in the area of Optics problem solving & standardization
7) Be the forerunner in the latest Optics technology & keep in close contact & work closely with the Global/RegionalTeam on future projects/enhancements/upgrades
8) Able to write up & establish best practices/cookbook and continously review the best practices/cookbook to include the latest lesson learnt
· Understands processes and has a excellent understanding of various manufacturing techniques in the Optics envoirnment
· Strong knowledge of engineering theories, design principles and practices, and design evaluation techniques.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.