Descripción del Trabajo
Build your career with Jabil! We challenge and empower you to make the most of your talents, working with outstanding colleagues from diverse backgrounds who share your drive and passion to make Jabil grow!
The US Import Manager is responsible for overseeing all operations related to the import of products into the US. This individual will ensure Jabil’s inbound shipments are in compliance with all applicable US import and supply chain security regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
Work with site operations, business units, and other functional areas to address and ensure all import activities are effectively managed.
- Provide subject matter expertise on effective import compliance processes to ensure all inbound shipments are in compliance with all applicable import rules and regulations.
- Act as internal consultant with all regional sites, business units, internal and external customers for import compliance issues.
- Proactively identify areas of compliance risk.
- Ensure timely delivery of shipments by ensuring accurate documentation and adherence to US customs regulations.
- Maintain general record keeping requirements in compliance with Jabil corporate and applicable Customs import regulations.
- Conduct daily review and reconciliation process to ensure accuracy of all entries with Customs.
- Manage broker activities and performance.
- Manage duty drawback activities.
- Manage hand carries.
- Manage exclusion filing, protests, and post entry corrections.
- Manage issues such as assists, country of origin and marking, and valuation.
- Maintain close working relationship with local Customs brokers to ensure timely and accurate filing of entries.
- Maintain metrics on import and compliance related statistics.
- Audit import activities.
- Available for travel 5-10% domestically and internationally.
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess ability to analyze and interpret Customs regulations and customer requirements.
- Leadership/people-management skills.
- Knowledge of Import and Security operations and regulations.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of US import operations and industry.
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management of continuous improvement, and cost reduction programs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint), SAP, and SAP GTS.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain, or International Management preferred.
- Five (5) years work-related experience required in Business, Supply Chain, or Compliance.
- Experience in US trade compliance and government security administration.
- Experience in import compliance positions or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.