Descripción del Trabajo
The Sr. FA engineer is defined as the corporate FA team’s subject matter expert for global FA support. The Sr. FA Engineer leads the investigation, analysis, and root-cause identification of product or component failure for complex projects. The Sr. FA engineer also actively supports the Global & regional FA initiatives by providing methods training, development of standardized processes, and dissemination of knowledge gained through training and education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support global/regional requests for complex Failure Analysis from Jabil’s workcells, business units, manufacturing operations, supply chain, and customers
· Organize and manage complex FA projects. This includes, as required, developing a statement of work and analysis plan, provide budgetary quotes, and sourcing third party analytical services. Manage projects of diverse scope as every failure is different so this role always presents new and varied challenges.
· Train and support lab technicians with test methods and techniques, and data gathering.
· Interact with various departments (Quality, Purchasing, and Manufacturing) to resolve/improve component or process issues.
· Strategize and discuss with senior management, the future direction and trends in analytical technology and make recommendations.
· Create and organize appropriate documentation and records. This includes FA related global procedures and processes.
· Attend and/or present at customer meetings in support of Jabil business development, as required
· Attend seminars and conferences associated with relevant FA topics as a representative of Jabil GOS
· Design experiments to ensure results obtained are specific to goals set
· Perform DOE, CPK analysis, Gage R&R studies, and other tools for group projects
· FA consultation services to Jabil workcells and customers as required
· Demonstrate flexibility and a sense of urgency in responding to escalation of FA requests from the Plants or any of the Regional FA groups.
· Promote positive working relationships with Jabil sites and other regional FA groups
· Complete training requirements identified by department manager
· Adhere to company’s standard operating procedures
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, understanding of partial differential equations, integration, and numerical techniques.
· Expertise in applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Proven ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and effectively deal with several abstract and concrete variables.