Descripción del Trabajo
The Senior Financial Analyst will support manager or supervisor performing analysis for senior and executive management and is responsible for preparing, analyzing, and monitoring current, future, and strategic cost initiatives. Working as a member of the IT Finance team, this position primarily performs day-to-day finance related activities designed to analyze and monitor the company’s cost initiatives and drive for results. Specific activities may include, forecasting, financial close, project accounting, internal allocations, internal reporting, variance analysis, modeling and other discretionary projects as directed by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares forecasts and analyzes transactions related to the Information Technologies Organization.
- Supports accurate recording and reporting of financial transactions of the assigned IT Organization unit.
- Computes and prepares data for journal entries and reviews general ledger accounts for reasonableness.
- Coordinates with other departments to support activities as needed.
- Prepares and analyze financial reports and presentations to evaluate alignment with current and forward-looking strategies. The presentations may include financial forecast, monthly, quarterly, yearly variances and other materials.
- Support project accounting activities to ensure compliance with internal policies and GAAP.
- Calculate project billing rates and support project managers and cost center owners with forecasting and analysis of hours and rate variances.
- Interact with cost center owners and project managers to help them understand costs and variances.
- Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Provide regular updates to supervisor on the execution of forecast and other initiatives through quantitative and qualitative communication.
- Learn and understand business activities, operations, systems, and global footprint of the IT Organization.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics is preferred.
- Plus 2 years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This role will support the Global Information Technologies Organization and provides great visibility to IT leadership and other functions and leaders within Jabil.