Descripción del Trabajo
Work as part of a multi-disciplined automation integration team. The Sr Software / Controls Engineer designs integrated
hardware/software solutions to customers including automated production equipment and EOA Tool designs. The development of
Software and controls are created to support a wide range of customer/manufacturing requirements. This role is self-motivated and
is capable of building and maintaining software applications that support diverse requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with a team of Engineers, Technicians, and manufactures to design and build press-side automation systems, bench top
systems and EOA Tooling.
· Responsible for leading the design, installation, configuration and debug of Software and Controls on all Automation Equipment
designed and built in MDC.
· Collaborate with Project Engineers, Project Managers, and other key individuals as necessary in order to address complexity,
performance and project supportability.
· Oversee the development of system components, interfaces, and specifications in order to ensure consistency and integrity of
· Stay abreast of emerging and changing software technologies as well as design practices in order to provide solutions that are
leading edge, competitive and cost effective.
· Follow technology roadmaps both within and outside the organization and discuss implications with the Team Manager.
· Propose and implement approved plans for platform migration, selection of new technologies, integration of 3rd party products,
· Act as a mentor to Software Engineers and ensure software design best practices are being adhered to.
· Foster a spirit of teamwork when meeting with team members as well as members of other departments.
· Assist in the development of application software, controls, databases, etc. as necessary.
· Participate in regular code reviews with Software Engineers.
· Support the Project Manager in identifying internal and external resources to support software development projects. Manage
system architecture design documentation requirements.
· Provide leadership in the identification and mitigation of technical project risks.
· Ensure compliance with department processes and procedures.
· Ensure compliance with company security and safety policies.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering preferred.
· Minimum 6-8 years’ relevant experience.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.