Descripción del Trabajo
The Lead Financial Analyst is responsible for analyzing and monitoring current, future, and strategic cost initiatives, with emphasized focus on the design of useful analysis, metrics and related tools, as well as the training and guidance of senior and financial analysts supporting the team. Specific activities may include: cost initiatives, forecasting, internal reporting, variance analysis, modeling, design, support, training, guidance and other discretionary projects as directed by management. Working as a member of the finance team, this position primarily performs day-to-day finance related activities designed to analyze and monitor the company’s cost initiatives and drive for results, and provide management the tools and insight to drive strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Regional Lead for all Costing activities covering 3 plants.
Support Costing staff within each site ensuring correct review processes are being performed, provide training and drive corrective actions through weekly variance analysis reviews (listed below).
As part of the Above site Global costing team, the candidate will be responsible for the successful roll out of any new costing initiatives, bringing standardization across the Business Unit.
Analyzes and determines actions to take with cost variations such as PPV's, backflushes, subcontracting, RMA's, RTV's and scrap to properly represent the financial results every period.
Analyzes material costs and determines actions to take with these variances to properly represent the financial results every period.
Performs individual cost runs and ensures that standard costs, routers, Qty/Sales Unit, and their accounting are correct.
Performs collective cost runs in SAP, makes respective analysis of re-evaluations.
Performs Pre-Costing steps for testing new part numbers and converting preliminary estimation into Final Standard Cost before releasing the part number for use.
Perform Pricing and Costing estimations for part numbers (Finished Goods and Semi Finished Goods) and complete the steps needed to have the information entered in SAP before Post Goods Issue and Delivery transaction take place.
Support the Product Release Authorization (PRA) and Product Change Order (PCO) processes and complete steps required on SAP and Windchill business systems on an ongoing basis supporting the Supply Chain team for completing a Financial Impact Analysis for PCO (ECO’s) to have clear visibility and information to claim any impact or pass savings to customer as applicable.
Analyze the cost of products against the monthly quotes and completes profitability analysis by SKU.
Reports on material margin, MPV (when applicable) and inventory for each of the projects assigned. Reviews with each of the BUM's and Supply Chain stakeholder.
Complete Month End duties according to the official Checklist and in compliance with US-GAAP standard and SOX internal controls.
Actively participate in any Internal/External Audit scheduled providing supporting documentation, updating process documentation and ensuring compliance requirements and closing any finding identified during audits with appropriate and sustainable countermeasures.
Reviews reports on excesses and obsoletes quarterly or annually as applicable and supports the preparation of claims to Customers and participates in developing strategies with Supply Chain to improve terms and conditions with suppliers.
Registers and monitors inventory movements, scrap, shop supplies, cost and sales reasonability in a structured manner on a regular basis but at least weekly and informs if an action is required to correct and/or complete transactions.
Physically audits the warehouse and the production floor based on cycle counts calendarized schedule and covering A type parts in full once a year, B type parts (using 80-20 rule) also annually and reviewing Cycle Counts results presented by Inventory Control staff, ensuring adjustments are made timely and approvals exist according to internal controls documents.
Manages Non Recurrent Expense (NRE) cycle from inception until completion, including but not limited to Create internal orders in SAP to recover costs by different customers (NRE) and meet the matching principle for USGAAP to recognize Cost and Revenue in the same period.
Support Site Forecast preparation by providing, and verifying most current Sales Price and Standard Costs are used by assembly in TM1 and these are rationalized and confirmed to Mgmt.
Working with Supply Chain for obtaining reliable estimations on Inventory Projections (Raw Materials, WIP and FG’s) to be used in the forecast for the time window in question.
Support Customer Support group and their manual sales orders process acting as trusted advisor to ensure transactions take place correctly on SAP and timely.
Meet regularly with his/her immediate supervisor to go over progress on accomplishing daily assignments as well as Goals and Objectives for each year, escalations that need resolution, and any other topic that requires to be communicated.
Works with Shared Service Center to reconcile and resolve discrepancies between amounts paid by the customer vs invoices balances covered in payment.
Reviews sales weekly, assuring that prices are correct and in accordance with the Approved Pricing list or PO's made by the customer.
Informs supervisor of any risks in the area including past-due invoices (+90 days), sales without documentation, differences in prices.
Makes debits and credits for each project as assigned.
Actively participates on the weekly meetings to review accounts receivable balances and aging.
May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Cost Management and Direction:
· Know and understand the global cost initiatives when communicated, and be able to translate those to different audiences, including all support senior and financial analysts.
· Help define, develop and implement cost strategies, which contribute to the global strategic directions.
· Maintain an understanding of business activities, operations and systems, and global footprint.
· Provide regular updates to manager on the execution of cost initiatives through quantitative and qualitative communication.
· Take the lead on various cost related activities including modeling, designing, communicating, and coordinating internal functions and analysis.
· Identify and design creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers on cost and cost trends. And provide support on ways for them to manage their costs.
· Provide support, guidance, and training to supporting senior and financial analysts on all cost initiatives, tools, metrics, and analysis provided to management.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT CONSIDERATIONS
· Compile and design financial presentations and support, including agendas, materials, timing, and other protocol. The presentations may include quarterly variances, multi-year plans and other materials.
· Design and provide support and analysis around current business models and recommend and/or design future enhancements for operations and business development activities. Support and analysis may include financial forecast and variance files and other administrative matters.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Collaborate with senior leaders and other members of the Cost PMO and communicate results, modeling activities, and other observations.
· Act as a mentor and source for guidance for all senior and financial analysts.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· Conduct and interpret complex analyses to evaluate alignment with forward-looking strategies, and provide feedback to management.
· Support supervisors and provide guidance to junior team members with analysis to assist counsel and advise key corrective actions to senior leadership related to forecast performance and/or under/over plan in terms of their potential impact on the strategic goals, objectives, and financial viability of company.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Foster a work standard consistent with management’s philosophies of best-in-class activities.
· Monitor and develop cost minimization strategies for global SG&A and other related items.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Director, Senior Manager or Manager of Reporting Planning & Analysis.
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, propose solutions, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system, SAP, and related software.
Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aids.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
· Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred.
· Seven (7) years work-related experience required, preferably in accounting/finance related experience preferred.
· Advance certifications and/or degrees preferred: CPA, CVA, MBA, etc.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
· Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
· Travel requirements: Domestic and/or International, up to10 %.
· Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
Hands in water
Unusual hearing or vision demands: None specified
^Other physical demands or notes: Employees should not attempt to lift, pull or push a load in excess of 50 lbs. without assistance. Care should always be taken when lifting, pushing or pulling in an awkward position.