Descripción del Trabajo
Under the guidance of management, develops new RF engineering design of a basic to moderate complexity. Gathers design requirements and recommends steps to implement basic to moderate reference design. implementation or design modifications of existing product. Perform and analyze basic to moderate RF circuit design, referring more complex issues to management or more senior team members. Develop RF subsystem architecture at the direction of a Sr. Engineer or above.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exhibit proficient knowledge of RF (Radio Frequency) technology and testing concepts such as but not limited to the following: RF Modulation, Cellular technology concepts and principles, Wi-Fi, WIMAX.
- Possess knowledge of the topology of RF components such as but not limited to Amplifier, Attenuator, Coupler, Filter, RF Switch, VCO.
- Diagnose and repair to component level on electronic circuit board assemblies that have had prior repair attempts by Diagnostic Technicians I & II, while maintaining minimal quantities of Engineering and Component hold assemblies.
- Exhibit proficiency in configuring and use of RF related test and measurement equipment such as but not limited to Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer, Signal Generator, Power Meter.
- Ability to understand and utilize assembly documentation such as but not limited to the following; Schematics, BOM’s, EC documents, Visuals, Debug, Testing tools and procedures.
- Assist Test Engineering department in an ongoing data evaluation program for improving the efficiency of the diagnosis of assemblies.
- Understand, recognize and execute Jabil production requirements, rules, policies and procedures.
- Frequent customer interface, including travel to customer sites for advanced diagnostic issues.
- Recommend and implement design changes for product quality and yield improvement as well as Design For Test and Design for Diagnostics recommendations
- Recommend Diagnostic technicians staffing levels, and assist in recruiting.
- Assist and train technicians in any issues of a technical nature.
- Works on technical assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Determine document methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to other personnel.
- Perform as a team member to achieve Diagnostic department’s process yield goals.
- Prepare reports and recommend solutions to technical problems as required.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Diagnostic Supervisor
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Good understanding of high-power RF design, especially RF matching networks and RF filters
- Familiar with high power RF components
- Proficient with RF measurement equipment and techniques (VNA, impedance analysis, etc.)
- Ability to analyze test data and apply SPC principles
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems and perform root cause analysis
- Good knowledge of mechanical fundamentals
- Ability to communicate with suppliers to identify problems and resolve issues
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- RF Engineering Degree (BSEE/MSEE or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years experience in embedded hardware design or other key competency
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.