Descripción del Trabajo
Ensures efficient operations through careful management of all shipping activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises and coordinates activities related to expediting the delivery of outgoing shipments to the final customers in accordance with delivery requests and shipping instructions.
- Supervises and coordinates activities related to expediting the incoming shipments from carriers and/or forwarders and verifying the freight invoice against purchase terms with vendors.
- Coordinates with Planning, Purchasing and Business Development to ensure proper and necessary shipping documents are prepared for the customers or received from vendors.
- Monitors and reports the export shipments result of departments.
- Coordinates and directs the daily activities of the members of the shipping department which may include the import/export staff.
- Provides training and coaching to members of the shipping staff.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Inventory Control Manager
- Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management). Job title example(s) of employees directly supervised:
- Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
- Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in International Trade or related field.
- Three to five years experience including at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.