Descripción del Trabajo
The Principal Program Manager is a senior position in Project Management responsible for running large complex programs, including contingency planning and issue resolution. Ensures that all programs / projects follow standard procedures and governance used in the management and deployment of programs. Contributes to and demonstrates a solid understanding of program vision and roadmap. Maintain awareness of cross product/program synergies and actively communicates opportunities to simplify or better align work across teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with Business Unit leaders to develop project and program resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support for projects and for the day-to-day operational activities.
- Demonstrates the most effective execution of projects within the division.
- Works with Project/Program Managers to review and monitor project health.
- Establishes and implements metrics that measure project performance.
- Determines project health by measuring the variance in scope, schedule, cost and quality from the respective baselines.
- Tracks resource usage and ensures the optimized usage.
- Ensures accurate status reporting of all projects and programs.
- Ensures measurable metrics are developed for the program, and that they align to the program objectives.
- Works within the defined standards and procedures as set out by Jabil and the customer to successfully deliver projects.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service. Anticipates, meets and exceeds expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively, making customer issues a priority.
- Drives continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
- Works closely with communications, stakeholders, and management to stay informed of important company information to evaluate and measure program effectiveness and impact on the business
- Complies with and follows all procedures within the company security policy.
- Maintains grade and quality of milestones and deliverables within defined and agreed upon program requirements.
- Implements engagement model with key stakeholders to manage expectations, drive decision making, resolve issues, and course correction (as necessary) to meet program goals.
- Solicits ongoing feedback from Business Units, peers and customers.
- May oversee the direction of multiple programs managed directly by Project managers, across domains and up to 2-3 agile Scrum teams.
- Works with Product/Application Owners to secure and align cross-functional, cross-domain delivery teams to deliver programs.
- Manages dependencies across programs within the portfolio and with other portfolios.
- Manages stakeholder communication regarding release plans and release deliveries for the portfolio.
- Ensures regular, active communication globally with adjacent portfolios and external stakeholders.
- Manages stakeholder communication regarding Release Plans and Release deliveries. Ensures regular, active communication with adjacent programs and external stakeholders globally.
- Identifies program impediments and guides proper escalation to individuals/groups as needed.
- Responsible for program planning and scheduling, including the timing and resources required to deliver upon key milestones / deliverables and the implications from key interdependencies.
- Conducts project assessments to evaluate overall program performance and risks.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of Jabil operating policies and procedures required
- Expert knowledge of Jabil’s culture and guiding principles
- Must be adept at navigating the diversified landscape with respect to country cultures, company divisions and internal hierarchies
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and switch between tasks quickly
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
- Previous experience in electronics manufacturing
- Prior experience interfacing with customers
- Ability to use own judgment and initiative in problem resolution
- Strong operational and financial knowledge required
- Substantial knowledge of Jabil and demonstrated ability to leverage organization
- Consultative skills (ability to understand true customer needs)
- Proven ability to develop effective, matrixed, cross-organization programs and best practices, collaborating and communicating across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies.
- Good communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and influence skills to cultivate relationships, facilitate negotiations, and build partnerships with key stakeholders at all levels
- Distinctive problem-solving leader
- Demonstrated team leadership capabilities
- Strong implementation skills to ensure programs and policies support business objectives and initiatives
- Person should have the following personal characteristics: strong leader, professional, hard-charging, detail-oriented, reliable, calm under fire, creative, with a can-do attitude.
- Strong comprehension skills for understanding, developing and applying solutions
Preferred location is Raleigh, North CarolinaThis job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.