Descripción del Trabajo
Collect, integrate, and classify various Manufacturing issues related to cuttings tools and related accessories. It analyzes the various problems with root cause analysis and systematic problem solving and finds innovative and optimal solutions.
Monitor the quality and efficiency performance of tools in production lines. It controls tools costs and promotes continuous improvement through new, more performing tools, finding challenging implementation document solutions.
An Engineer Tooling will have a good understanding of technical design, able to develop and design special tools and proficient in at least one CAD tool associated with their discipline.
It autonomously manages projects related to tools and supports the various projects. Manages technical relationships with suppliers.
Collaborate intensive with the procurement team in order to improve the tooling cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and development of customized cuttings tool and accessories (tool holder, chuck, collets etc.) using 2D and 3D CAD
- Assist production in solving problems related to cuttings tools and accessories
- Member of project teams for new products and process improvement
- Provide technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
- Basic understanding of Lean Six Sigma tools, projects and processes and the ability to incorporate them into assigned engineering projects.
- Responsible for the timely completion of the tasks
- Coordination and processing of change requests
- Work with manager and/or PM to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
- Supports all corporate safety and quality programs and initiatives
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Can perform other assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Apply verbal and written communication skills in periodicals and specials
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Required languages: Fluent Italian, English and German
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
COMPLEMENTARY SKILLS OR EXPERIENCES
Good knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD (Autocad, PRO / Engineer – CREO)
Agile PLM, GD&T, SAP, TDM, Office applications
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or International, up to 50%.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- Minimum of 3-4 years of related experience and/or training
- Specific requirements as defined by market sector
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.