Descripción del Trabajo
The Engineering Services Tech Supervisor is responsible for leading the Engineering Services Tech staff in large and/or complex engineering project from initiation through to completion. Develops and manages project budget, planning, staffing, progress reporting, people management and troubleshooting for engineering projects. Ensures project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule, and cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the implementation of complex and/or large engineering projects.
- Leads design and manufacturing meetings, making recommendations for change.
- Is customer facing
- In conjunction with project, implements best practices for equipment/manufacturing layout for maximum efficiency and cycle time optimization.
- Leads complex projects relating to new technical developments and processes.
- Establish and manage project budget
- Establish and manage project schedule
- Provides engineered solutions to complex equipment problems.
- Delivers quotes for projects including new equipment cost, labor, maintenance costs, etc.
- Drive continuous improvement and optimization utilizing proactive methodologies and trend analysis.
- Drives projects through design engineering, procurement, assembly, test, final acceptance, and shipment.
- Provide ongoing direction and training on process development, root cause analysis and systemic problem solving.
- Drives proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
- Interface and provide technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed.
- Assist design engineers with design for manufacture issues.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports to Engineer Manager
- Job is responsible for managing others (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management.)
- Knowledge of Jabil operating policies and procedures required
- Knowledge and experience of automation equipment
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required.
- Minimum 6-8 years work-related experience in engineering or project management related role.
- Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.