Descripción del Trabajo
An Engineer III will have started focusing their engineering development toward a specific competency or industry. They will be an expert in process and use of at least one CAD package associated with their discipline and possesses an understanding of multiple others within their discipline. At this level they will start working closely with other disciplines, understanding the interaction and dependency between them. They will be able to drive other project team members, within their discipline, to solve problems and overcome hurdles that may affect project timelines. Will have previous involvement of releasing a product into a manufacturing environment.
Design Engineer (Software)
Able to independently design, development, document, debug and test software and/or firmware on hardware platforms. Will be able to review code, structure, documentation and test plans developed by others. Should have a good understanding of multiple programming languages. Will be familiar with project management processes, scheduling and project milestones in order to drive their portions of design to meet or beat project schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· (Software) Develop and or review complete software documentation including test & validation plans.
· (Software) Competent in multiple high level programming languages & compilers and experienced in the use of specific In-circuit emulators.
· (Software) Solid demonstrated programming and debugging skills. Familiar with basic electrical design.
· (ALL) Meet the requirements of Design Engineer II
· Develop quotations and schedules for their portions of design, with little or no assistance.
· Mentoring design engineers I & II, technicians and ECAD designers
· Provide onsite technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Minimum of 5-6 years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a Design Engineer II
· Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
C# .Net programming with WPF.
Integration of machine operations.
TwinCAT PLC programming.