Descripción del Trabajo
Independently carry out policies and programs covering several or all of the following: employment interviewing, wage and salary administration, personnel administration, training, and benefits administration. Independently provide support in functional areas of human resources including but not limited to recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, job evaluation, wage and salary administration, benefits administration, organizational development, training, AA/EEO, and special projects. Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee handbooks, communications, and/or meetings. Prepare reports in conformance with legislated requirements or organization needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for communication and interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
· Coaches/consults with managers and employees on issues including: performance, terminations, sexual harassment, discrimination, etc.
· Coordinate all employee activities/programs.
· Interprets and complies with all state and federal laws.
· Monitor and approve applicable salary increases; check to see that they are within guidelines.
· Conduct preliminary job analysis and creates job descriptions of non-benchmark positions through a job evaluation process.
· Communicate and interpret all benefit changes and policies.
· Educate employees about their benefits and coordinates open enrollment periods. Research and resolve employee benefit problems and questions.
· Compiles statistical reports for departments.
· Participates in team projects that address strategic initiatives as directed by the HR Manager.
· Recruit, screen, and interview internal and external applicants to fill current or expected job vacancies.
· Review and evaluate applicant’s work history, education, training, and other qualifications.
· Source candidate from both internal and external sources.
· Expedite and coordinates internal transfers. Refer candidates to the hiring manager.
· Notify applicants of consideration or rejection; interviews those selected that meet organization’s qualifications. Inform candidates of job’s duties/responsibilities, compensation and benefits programs, work schedule/conditions, career advancement opportunities, etc.
· Arrange for interviews and travel/lodging of selected applicants and company’s expense, as necessary.
· Speak with/to a variety of external contacts including Employment Agencies to provide information regarding job possibilities and career opportunities.
· Perform reference and background checks.
· Prepare and extend job offers; prepare and/or authorize appropriate paperwork.
· Participate in the design and placement of employment advertising.
· Handle all relocation requirements for selected candidate.
· Act as a Strategic Partner with Business Leaders in conducting needs analysis.
· Conduct new hire orientations and/or exit interviews, as needed.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
As an HR Generalist and Business Partner in the Jabil Regulated Industries segment, you will be helping to find, grow and keep the remarkable employees across the Global Business Sectors. You'll be part of the Regulated Industries team and champion of Jabil’s culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their organizations and ensure the teams reward and recognize high performance, innovation and creativity. Whether coaching your clients on how to lead their teams, leading your own team, creating deeper employee engagement or managing programs that develop our employees, you are exceptionally focused on supporting our employees to deliver on our commitments to our customers.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Takes initiative, fosters innovation, drives for results, communicates effectively, builds relationships at all levels and has proven HR experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture of a multi-national company.
- Has minimum 5 years of HR experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field are required.
- Solid employee relations experience to effectively manage employee-related matters.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate data to elevate decision-making.
- Advanced degree (i.e. MBA or other Master’s degree in related field) and Human Resources Management Certificate or PHR/SPHR certification are desired.
The Work: Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Jabil’s operating model by providing valuable business partnership to Business Sector leaders who truly own the strategic direction of their respective businesses.
- Actively contribute as the Human Resources lead on the respective business Leadership Teams providing guidance and solution support related to people considerations and organizational effectiveness.
- Represent the HR function in the communication and execution of initiatives and processes.
- Collaborate with the Compensation & Benefits team to coordinate and make recommendations in alignment with a pay-for-performance culture, effective business growth and are competitive in the market/industry in which Jabil is competing.
- Coach and support managers in proactive employee relations, sensing and management capability development.
- Utilize HCM systems to provide workforce insights, enhance decision making, and ensure timely & accurate employee transactions are completed.
- Effectively handle and resolve escalated employee relation matters, including investigations, resolving ethics hotline cases, and providing manager support in key employee incidents.
- Track key people metrics across Sectors and recommend actions for continuous improvement.
- Coordinate with Talent Management to drive the succession planning and talent pool development process within the Healthcare Division and Jabil.
- Advise and support managers in coordination with the talent acquisition team on key hires.