Descripción del Trabajo
Oversee, direct, and coordinate the maintenance, construction, and care of grounds, buildings, and building equipment.. Management of EHS Department to ensure the establishment health and safety policies and procedures which ensure compliance with company, customer, and government regulations within any of the following functions: health and safety, industrial hygiene, or environmental protection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire Maintenance Supervisor, Housekeeping Supervisor, and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) personnel.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Maintenance, Housekeeping, and EHS position candidates.
· Coach Facilities and EHS staff in the interviewing/hiring process if required.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Facilities and EHS staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for the Facilities function.
· Establish departmental goals and objectives in accordance with industry standards, and overall improvement / profitability of the company.
· Solicit ongoing feedback from peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the Facilities and EHS team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
· Influence organization to practice proper EHS procedures using marketing strategies and easy to use tools.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement Facilities and EHS strategies which will contribute to the campus strategic directions.
· Provide regular updates on departmental strategies to Operations Manager and peers.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Management of capital budgeting, staffing and planning for Facilities Maintenance and EHS Management with regard to continuous improvement.
· Owner of continuous cost reductions for facilities operations including utilities, maintenance and consumables.
· Provide feedback to peers, and management staff on cost and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
· Provide feedback to management staff as required.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and cost conscious management.
· Facility management and maintenance including mechanical, electrical, HVAC, environmental and janitorial disciplines.
· Maintain the positive image of our facilities and grounds for our customers, our employees and our stakeholders.
· Establish, maintain and improve our total productive maintenance program for asset management centered on CMMS.
· Project management execution in a cross functional environment with multiple customers and direct conflicts.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· When possible and/or practical, exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
· Organize the Environmental, Health, And Safety (EHS) activities in support of Industry Standards / Certifications and regulatory compliance.
· Determine how to interrelate activities under a single focus to streamline execution.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Remain current with regulatory standards in the areas of responsibility.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. EHS, Security, and Quality).
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to tailor advanced quality tools training to all levels of the organization.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum of five years management/technical experience in all aspects of facilities management, which includes Facilities Engineering and EHS Management experience. Excellent verbal, written, organizational, financial, operations and computer skills. Direct supervisory experience in the disciplines mentioned above preferred. B.A./B.S. or equivalent preferred; and five years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.