Descripción del Trabajo
PowerApps/Power Automate Developer - Junior
The PowerApps/Power Automate developer is a junior developer position, where the candidate has limited experience or training in PowerApps/Power Automate but is a fast learner and willing to explore, acquire and develop new knowledge.
PowerApps/Power Automate developer has a responsibility for delivering Power platform solutions as well as to develop apps and dashboards to improve the productivity of the business operations.
- Develop PowerApps integrated with data sources in the SharePoint or Azure infrastructure.
- Develop, deploy, update, and maintain PowerApps, Reports and Datasets according to business needs.
- Assist in maintaining data resources, including databases, cloud storage, data sets and data models
- Develop PowerApps, Power Automate and Power BI report to improve existing manual workflows.
- Gather and document user requirements and identify new features; translate business/user requirements into Power platform design.
- Deliver continuous improvement of apps by adopting agile methodology.
- Planning and development of Power platform solutions, troubleshooting any related issues
- Design database to support site usage of power platform.
- Provide training of PowerApps, Power Automate and Power BI to business users.
- Problem solving issues that arise in day to day running of Power platform and providing timely responses and solutions as required.
- Working within project planning constraints, communicating any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager accordingly and providing inputs to the change control process.
- Create and document test procedures and scenarios for the UAT phases.
- Support the business operations during the UAT and rollout phases.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interview colleagues, gather business process details and identify solution requirements.
- Good written skills with the ability to clearly document and explain business processes and solution designs.
- Good communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience.
- A working knowledge of current business processes and the ability to understand new business processes.
- An ability to envisage how a proposed solution will work in the wider business environment, to understand its advantages and what its effect will be.
- The ability to conceptualise the solutions and understand the prescribed design architecture.
- An understanding of workflow-based logic and the ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram, and to illustrate a written process description as a workflow diagram.
- An aptitude for logic and mathematics.
- Solid end user computing skills, for example intermediate spreadsheet user or similar. Any deeper technological experience such as coding or databases is advantageous but not essential.
- The ability to work with a structured and methodical approach, combined with an enquiring mind.
- An understanding of formal change control procedures and disciplines.
- An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error.
- The potential to ultimately adopt the role of mentor to colleagues who may join the development team in the future.
- A self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a team.
Experience or Education
- Minimum requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent external work experience or equivalent formal training in related duties.
- Power platform development experience.
- Knowledge of MS Power platform, PowerApps, Power Automate and Power BI.
- Ability to produce complex reports using Power BI.
- Integrate Power BI Reports and dashboards into PowerApps.
- Integration of PowerApps and Power Automate.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, including security, performance, server and database utilisation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Some basic programming knowledge of .NET, C# or Java.
Knowledge of SQL, VBA or Macro.