Descripción del Trabajo
Jabil EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services) Ireland, based in Blancharstown Dublin 15, are looking for an experienced Lean Six Signa Engineer to join our Quality Department. The Lean Six Sigma Engineer aims to optimize any process or operation, which seeks to minimize or eliminate the activities of non-value add, better known as waste. The focus is to seek those opportunities by as updating, changing, or correcting current processes with minimal room for error.
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
- Propose and implement process improvements that impact positively on specific areas, such as DL efficiency
- Coordinate the development of VSM's, Kaizen workshops in their respective area of responsibility, as requested
- Conduct ergonomic studies and analyze proposed ideas for improvement in conjunction with Industrial Engineers and processes implemented to positively impact ergonomics of workstations
- Keep improving assigned areas through monitoring and action format Lean Index
- Identify opportunities for reducing costs and improving productivity while coordinating the implementation of these improvements
- Responsible for assigning workload and activities. Make improvement projects based on the reduction in the variation of processes (Six Sigma)
- Responsible for devising, implementing and monitoring error-proof devices in areas where opportunity is identified.
- Recommend and document methods to improve efficiency, reducing waste in materials and equipment.
- Apply, educate, promote, and spread culture in the use of lean manufacturing tools
- Active participation in LPA, QRQC & JOS
- Develop and apply quality techniques for troubleshooting to optimize process quality using lean manufacturing methodologies and Six Sigma.
- Develop and document simulations to analyze the impact of improvements previously taken, if applicable
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills
- BS degree in Manufacturing / Mechanical / Industrial Engineering or other technical discipline. May substitute experience in lieu of educational requirements.
- 2-4 years’ experience working in manufacturing/engineering
- Six Sigma or Lean certification or 2 years of experience preferred.
- Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in electronic manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- 6 Sigma BB certification by accredited body