Descripción del Trabajo
The Supplier Quality Manager is responsible for leading a team of Supplier Quality Engineers in driving continuous improvement in resource efficiency and effectiveness within their team and respective assigned sites. Leads the identification and execution of team activities / resources required to support Jabil, workcell, GCM / RCM strategies / initiatives. Drives commodity focus on continuous improvement in supplier performance in areas of Cost, Quality, Delivery and Service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Recruitment, selection, deployment, leadership, coaching, mentoring and development of Supplier Quality Engineers, driving continuous improvement in resource efficiency and effectiveness within their team.
· Determines the objectives, targets and goals for the Supplier Quality Team and its individual team members. Measures progress and identifies / takes the necessary actions when objectives, targets and / or goals are not met.
· Leads the coordination and synchronization of activities within their respective commodities with those of the other commodity teams. Focuses on driving a “One Jabil” approach.
· Monthly communication of team activities, initiatives, progress and trends focused on continuous improvement of supplier performance / capabilities.
· Provides leadership to their team and respective assigned sites in the areas of systems, processes and tools.
· Drives the compilation and maintenance of a list of site / workcell / market sector / industry requirements for their respective region. Drives the incorporation of these requirements into global systems and processes wherever possible. Drives enhancements to global systems, processes and tools to support changing / evolving global needs / requirements.
· Assist and support escalation of supplier performance issues.
· Perform the same functional activities as a Supplier Quality Engineer as needed and/or assigned.
· Identifies resources required to support existing and future requirements within their respective commodities
· Recruits, selects, develops, leads, coaches and mentors Global Supplier Quality Engineering resources, focusing on continuous improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
· Participates in development of global systems, processes and tools ensuring that market sector and site requirements / needs have been considered and incorporated wherever possible.
· Drives deployment of global systems, processes and tools within their assigned sites
· Provide input into GCM / RCM sourcing strategies utilizing supplier performance data and GSDE feedback.
· Driving continuous improvement in supplier performance within the commodities assigned. Ensuring that supplier development activities are identified, initiated utilizing the corrective action process, and progress is monitored / measured through monthly / quarterly scorecard reviews.
· Ensure that necessary activities are identified and executed for new suppliers / new products / new technologies that result in performance objectives being met prior to start of production, in support of JTS, Jabil site / workcell, etc… requirements and needs
· Provide systems assessment support as needed
· Provide support to other commodity teams, as able, for supplier selection, development, issue investigation / resolution, etc… of suppliers within proximity of their home location.
· Proven problem solving skills and abilities required
· Experience in Electronics Manufacturing Services industry preferred
· Experienced in working in Design area, with Design Teams, especially DFX reviews
· Additional certification such as ASQ CQE, CQM, CQA; or ISO Lead Auditor is highly desirable.
· Familiarity with and experience in applying Six Sigma methodologies required (Black Belt certification preferred)
· Prior business /commercial (i.e. purchasing, commodity management) experience desired.
· Demonstrated skills must include strong written and oral communication, resource management, problem solving, process improvement, conflict resolution, leadership, motivation, systems and process development / deployment, administration and change management.
· Fluent in written and spoken English