Descripción del Trabajo
Summary / Purpose
· The Safety, approbation and regulatory officer assures that product designs are meeting the applicable safety and regulatory standards. In this role he supports the design team in order to make sure that the implementation is in line with the safety and regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Project start:
o Evaluate product features, the product’s use environment, destinations/countries, product versions and accessories, and understand customer’s requirements.
o Give input for quotation (Where needed with assistance of partners)
o Give input to business team for contractual agreements with customer about responsibilities, coverage of activities, etc
o Generate the Safety and Approbation test plan (Where needed with assistance of partners)
§ List applicable regulations and regulatory requirements
§ Define responsibilities of customer and design team
§ Define sample amount (prototypes)
§ Define sample preparation including test set-ups and required documentation
§ Define compliance test labs
§ Define certification activities
§ Define country specific regulations activities
§ Define Planning (include conditionals if needed)
o Assure that all regulatory related requirements are covered
§ Energy efficiency requirements (ErP, Stand-by power, energy efficiency labels)
§ EMC and radio (RF) requirements
§ Hazardous substance requirements (RoHS, REACH, customer banned and restricted substances, …)
§ Functional safety
§ Any other
o Give advice (where needed with assistance of partners) to the customer, design team, factory on safety/regulatory issues
o Give advice on costs and impact to planning when design or requirements changes
o Check (Where needed with assistance of partners) if the design is according to the applicable safety compliancy standards.
§ Review of design, design documentation and/or pre-compliance testing
o Follow-up of safety and regulatory issues during the projects
o Follow-up of costs during project and take appropriate actions when extra expenses.
o Provide ongoing project status
o Compile application forms and collect technical product documentation for regulatory compliance testing and certification
o Manage & negotiate with 3rd party compliance test laboratories, regulatory organizations to obtain all necessary approvals (TÜV-GS, UL, …) and license approvals (Bluetooth, USB etc)
o Collect and distribute various test reports for certification, licenses, approvals
o Give support to customer to comply with country specific regulations
§ CE marking and EU Declaration of Conformity, etc.
§ National regulations, certifications and product markings
· Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent education and training.
· Technical knowledge of the assigned technical test areas (electrical circuits, components specifications, product materials properties,
· Good communicator in the English language (speaking, reading, writing)
· The employee is committed to its customers’ confidential information and proprietary rights, including electronic storage and transmissions of results. All information related to products and testing will distributed to persons designated by the customer only.