Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible for completing in-process visual, functional and dimensional measurements at various stages to maintain quality and reliability of products in accordance with required protocols and quality plans. Use various measuring devices to ensure compliance with specifications. Accepts, rejects, or sorts/reworks defective or malfunctioning parts. Work with Team and other Inspectors as well as manufacturing personnel to maintain quality conformance on all parts. Assists Quality Engineers with Process Validation and product defect investigations as needed. May perform visual, dimensional, mechanical, precision mechanical, functional, or electrical inspection of parts, assemblies, or final product in all stages of the production process (incoming, in process and final inspection).
- Assists Quality Engineer by performing visual, mechanical, dimensional, or functional inspection of raw materials, parts, assemblies, or final product in the production & assembly process.
- Perform first article inspection, review visual aids, and make updates to inspection visual aids.
- Performs inspection tasks involving the use of a wide variety of test instruments, precision measuring devices and electronic equipment to ensure compliance of parts and product with established specifications.
- Works from written and verbal instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, statistical processes, or other control procedures. Select products for inspection at specified stages in production process and performs visual inspection for variety of defects such as splay, contamination, gross flash, non-fills, short shots, color variation, voids, and grease/oil. Verifies packaging quality and integrity.
- Dimensionally inspects product for conformance to specification using standard measuring devices such as micrometers, scales, fixtures, calipers, dial indicators, comparators, oscilloscopes, fixed gauges, drop indicator, CMM, AVANT, multi meters, component testers and various surface plate set-ups.
- Perform Trial Reports, Non-Conforming material reporting.
- Assist Quality Engineering in Validation /Qualification Activities.
- Assist in training production employees.
- Assist Quality Engineers with follow up on the execution of A3 investigations as needed.
- Identifies workmanship and material defects. Determines acceptability and identifies and recommends disposition of defective items in accordance with protocols, referring only exception cases to the Quality Engineers.
- Record all start up in-process inspection results and maintain ongoing verbal and written communications with other inspectors, packers, operators, molding technicians, and supervisors to ensure product quality during process validation.
- Maintains required documentation and records. Responsible for process documentation verification (cycle checklists, lot change summary, line clearance, etc.).
- May be asked to handle requests such as process capability studies, first article inspections, protocols, validations, collecting and sorting product sample requests and other special inspections.
- Support all company safety and quality programs ad initiatives.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Work in a fast paced environment while maintaining quality and safety standards.
- Work closely with Quality and engineering groups to establish processes and procedures that will ensure consistently high quality.