Descripción del Trabajo
Develops and implements programs, projects or processes for an assigned customer account(s) (Business Unit), strategically managing the customer relationship road map. Develops and sponsors tactics to achieve strategic objectives across functional groups or within a business group through senior- and executive-level customer interaction. Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments with minimal supervision or review, including contract negotiation and amendment. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. End results are evaluated for achieving goals and objectives. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
· Full global responsibility for a customer Profit & Loss (P&L) statement (multi-site responsibility).
· Pricing (i.e. materials and value-add) is a core responsibility of the Business Unit Director.
· Establishes and manages current customer relationships, striving to capitalize on organic revenue growth opportunities.
· Manages the customer relationship road map from a strategic relationship perspective.
· Demonstrated strategic capability to look beyond the customer and understand the end market and industry.
· Negotiates contract terms and/or amends established contract terms and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with customers.
· Defines the Business Unit organization structure and staffs appropriately. Manages the team to effectively support customer contract terms and SLAs.
· Owns the execution of operational SLA delivery and escalations.
· Ultimately held accountable for revenue growth success with assigned customer base.
· Exhibits demonstrated successful relationship-building skills with highest-level audiences at more strategic and senior levels within the customer’s organization and within Jabil.
· Responsible for the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for assigned customer accounts. May support RFP processes for others.
· Manages the performance, developments, and rewards for direct reports. Indirectly manages work of others through Jabil’s Workcell business model.
· Full responsibility for continuous improvement of customer relationship performance metrics and customer satisfaction.
· Assumes leadership role in site-level strategic planning meetings.
· Manages and drives the Quarterly Business Review (QBR) process with assigned customer account.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of global business awareness/experience (e.g., taxation, laws, culture).
· Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of operational functions (e.g., manufacturing, supply chain, etc.).
· Extensive knowledge of total Jabil solutions available for offer.
· Strong financial skill knowledge and aptitude (e.g. balance sheet and income statement).
· Jabil tools (Financial system, quote process, etc.).
· Advanced contract and negotiation knowledge/experience at a more strategic level.
· Leadership/people-management skills.
· Strong customer service skills and experience.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
· Degree in Engineering, Finance/Accounting, or Business Management preferred.
· Eight (8) to ten (10) years work-related experience required, preferably in Financial or Manufacturing Operations fields.
· Significant previous Business Unit Manager (or equivalent job) work experience preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years management experience required.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.