Descripción del Trabajo
Provide technical leadership for enterprise information technology efforts, including the design, development and delivery of cloud-based IoT / Edge applications, products and service. Provide solutions to technical issues, and be responsible for meeting project schedules and ensuring the delivered solution meets the technical specifications and design requirements. Technical Lead will drive the proficiency within the team, assure best practices are followed, support the delivery of quality solutions, and assist management in meeting strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Architect end-to-end solutions for our customers.
- Ability to work in a technical lead role to coordinate a team of resources to ensure quality and timely delivery of projects.
- Works with functional managers to establish and maintain technical standards and guidelines for their area.
- Works with functional manager to review and evaluate new technologies that may be beneficial to current and upcoming project work.
- Participate in the technical design review process to ensure high quality technical designs.
- Plan and oversee the development and support of specific IT areas and systems.
- Plan and direct activities related to introducing new services, products and processes
- Coordinate technical tasks and work effort.
- Acts as an escalation for technical issues and support.
- Lead technical teams.
- Identifies and communicates risks to the business.
- Contributes in defining new business requirements.
- Performs as a mentor on process and techniques to assure proficiency within the team.
- Performs research and analysis on new technology and business practices with the team.
- Align solutions within the overall IT strategy.
- Assures best practices are defined and followed.
- Drives consistency across applications and projects wherever possible.
- Implement project management methodologies to ensure project success.
- Prepare and utilize project plans for significant IT development, enhancement and maintenance efforts.
- Develop and direct activities to increase systems and application availability.
- Act as a liaison for the technical team to the project management team and IT management
Communicate regularly with internal and external customers.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge of Software Engineering and Architectural Principles and methods
- Solid presentation and written communication skills
- Team lead experience in application development
- Knowledge and experience of DevOps
- Knowledge and experience of one or more languages e.g. python, C/C++, C#, Java etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Linux platform e.g. Debian and CentOS
- Knowledge and experience working in an Agile methodology
- Knowledge and experience of cloud technologies (AWS and Azure)
- Knowledge of SOA, including REST, SOAP, and API Management
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases. e.g. PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Knowledge and experience in containerization technologies - Docker and Kubernetes / Docker swarm orchestration tools would be added advantage
- Knowledge and experience in Raspberry Pi, Jetson Nano and ESP32, ESP8266 would be added advantage
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or Master Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 12 years of experience design and implement enterprise application.