Descripción del Trabajo
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description reflects the general duties of the job, but is not a detailed description of all duties that may be inherent to the position. Jabil may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees, consistent with company policies.
The Staff Accountant will provide support as needed to the finance team to ensure accurate and timely month-end close and forecast reviews and updates, and any other ad-hoc requests. This includes: JEs, accruals, account reconciliations, and cost center adjustments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compute and prepare data for journal entries, accruals and account reconciliations.
- Reviews general ledger and related financial statements for reasonableness.
- Accumulate and analyze information for the preparation of financial statements, ledgers, reports and taxes.
- Assist in preparing financial reports for both inside and outside the company.
- Prepare timely reports and communication with functional areas.
- AP/AR Shared Services Assistance
- Train other employees both within and outside the department.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Intermediate PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Basic Excel skills
- SAP Experience (Preferred)
Education and Experience Requirements
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent preferred.
- Two years experience required.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time
Lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs. occasionally required
Specific vision abilities include extended use of computer monitor screen and printed materials
Work area is located in the office area.
Noise level is normally low to moderate.