Descripción del Trabajo
We are looking for a skilled, passionate, disciplined and enthusiastic architect to join our high performing team. The candidate must have experience in building end-user facing digital solutions (web and mobile apps) on major cloud providers (Azure, AWS, etc.) in the following fields: IoT, microservices, analytics; must have a desire and ability to work with business users, continually learn and come up with innovative solutions that matter to the business. The candidates must be self-directed, with a strong desire to collaborate with and to grow others in the organization. The candidates must be comfortable working at many levels of abstraction, from architecture through design and implementation. Ultimately, they will be accountable for the technical integrity, system quality, fitness-for-purpose and conformance with the overall business and IT strategy for projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior IT Architect
- Lead engagements with potential clients to design software solutions during the sales process, including advising on additional modules, system customization/configuration, and service offering solutions to meet clients’ stated needs.
- Partner with business development and field sales teams to advance opportunities through the sales process.
- Work with customer success, marketing and sales teams to take the pulse of the market and then coordinate with delivery and development teams to define the features, functionality, and pre-deployment requirements to meet those expectations.
- Ability to internalize what’s happening in the external marketplace and apply that knowledge on projects.
- Ability to function as a trusted technical advisor to the business.
- Create, drive and deliver business presentations about solutions to senior executives (Directors, Sr Directors, VPs, CxOs.)
- Know and understand Jabil business strategy
- Know and understand Jabil IT strategy & objectives
- Identify and assess the solution needs
- Apply this knowledge to define technical roadmaps that balance investment and benefit
- Define the overall solution architecture consistent with Jabil’s methodology
- Be responsible for the technical solution by providing leadership for the customer, project manager, domain architects, domain specialists and application engineers to advance and deliver solutions
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architects to design and deliver solutions
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients and management
- Assess merits of alternative technical approaches and gain consensus for best approach
- Follow, promote, and improve recognized methodologies to design and deliver solutions
- Ensure that the non-functional requirements are satisfied including, but not limited to, security, disaster recovery, availability, and performance
- Research technology and industry trends to hone both personal and Jabil’s competitive edge
- Through modeling or prototyping, validate solution prior to full implementation
- Demonstrate expertise in one of the following disciplines: Enterprise Architecture, Business Architecture, Information Architecture, Application Architecture, Technology Infrastructure Architecture
- Understand capacity needs and performance results and ensure that these are considered for any future enhancements.
- Evaluate and review deliverables (architecture and design artifacts, code reviews) created by partners.
- Play a consulting role in developing test strategies and test plans.
- Ensure completion of architecture and design reviews by appropriate groups with Jabil.
- Mentor IT Architects
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Develop project plans and influence project organization
- Apply recognized system sizing methodology
- Vet change(s) with respect to scope, schedule, cost, risk, etc.
- Cross train staff to reduce delivery risk
- Define processes & methods necessary to support delivery/deployment
- Define management tools to support production environment
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma or other methods to identify & provide guidance on organizational improvement opportunities
- Perform root cause analysis and remediation actions
- Contribute to Jabil IP though development and submission of patents
Policy & Procedures
- Comply with IT policy, procedure, and process
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
Training & Development
- Define technical job content & qualifications of key roles required to support technical infrastructure
- Work closely with management to assess and aid the development of staff skill sets
- Assist management to assess and help resolve staffing knowledge gaps
- Publish and present to customers, IT leaders and business executives
- Engage with vendors and third parties as needed
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style
- Ask questions; encourage input from staff
- Develop peer relationships with Senior Manager or Director Level personnel
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to management.
- The purpose of this role is not primarily managerial, and the job is typically NOT directly responsible for managing employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Advanced understanding of all architectural components and their interrelationships
- Strong knowledge of Software Engineering and Architectural Principles and methods
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations
- Team lead experience in application development
- Deep knowledge and experience of one or more languages e.g., Java, C#, etc.
- Deep knowledge and experience with server-side technologies
- Experience with client-side technologies e.g., Node, Angular JS, React, .NET, python, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile methodology
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Big Data analytics is a plus
- Must have experience implementing solutions on AWS or Azure cloud using cloud-native capabilities, microservices.
- Experience with UML or Archimate
- Experience with SOA, including REST, SOAP, API Management, and other integration patterns e.g. ESB, EIP, etc.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Experience and skills commensurate with attainment of The Open Group Certified Architect
- Must have extensive solution delivery experience in leading complex and large diverse technology programs.
- Experience with building solutions that comprise of IoT devices and digital platforms.
- Experience with building large go-to-market platforms highly preferred.
- Must have ability to manage and resolve complex and ambiguous issues.
- Exposure to Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems expected
- Minimum 15 years of experience in a related discipline
- Or, equivalent combination of education, training, or experience
- Must be an intellectually curious individual who has a passion for new business development, as well as genuine enthusiasm for the complex process of innovation and R&D.
- Open CA Level 1: Certified or Level 2: Master
- TOGAF 9 Certified
- ArchiMate 3 Practitioner