Descripción del Trabajo
Jabil is transforming and innovating its technology landscape by adopting platform approaches to create digital ecosystems for delivering next generation information technology services. We are looking for an experienced architect to lead the creation of software platforms that will enable new business models and revenue streams. The ideal candidate will have deep software development background and with experience in building go-to-market API platforms on AWS or Azure clouds. The architect will manage the strategic architecture and transformation of assigned platforms and related approaches, tools and technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and evolve platform strategy and ensure alignment with business objectives and priorities.
- Influence/coach other architects and developers on modern evolutionary platform architecture principles and practices.
- Support organizational changes in regard to capability development, restructuring toward product-centric team models, and transitioning to modern agile practices.
- Communicate the business value of technical decisions and platform architecture to business executives and build consensus around them.
- Drive key relationships both upstream and downstream of the platform to ensure platform capabilities are in alignment with business needs.
- Develop platform/product architecture models and viewpoints as needed.
- Participate in pre-sales initiatives with potential clients during the sales process to offer thought leadership around potential solutions, estimates, durations, etc.
- Function as a trusted technical advisor to the business.
- Research technology and industry trends to hone both personal and Jabil’s competitive edge.
- Review deliverables (user stories, business requirements, architecture and design artifacts, code) for completeness and quality.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Develop project plans and influence project organization
- Apply recognized system sizing methodology
- Vet change(s) with respect to scope, schedule, cost, risk, etc.
- Cross train staff to reduce delivery risk
- Define processes & methods necessary to support delivery/deployment
- Define management tools to support production environment
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma or other methods to identify & provide guidance on organizational improvement opportunities
- Perform root cause analysis and remediation actions
- Contribute to Jabil IP though development and submission of patents
Policy & Procedures
- Comply with IT policy, procedure, and process
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
Training & Development
- Define technical job content & qualifications of key roles required to support technical infrastructure
- Assist management to assess and help resolve staffing knowledge gaps
- Publish and present to customers, IT leaders and business executives
- Engage with vendors and third parties as needed
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style
- Ask questions; encourage input from staff
- Develop peer relationships with Senior Manager or Director Level personnel
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to management.
- The purpose of this role is not primarily managerial, and the job is typically NOT directly responsible for managing employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Strong knowledge of software engineering and architectural principles and methods
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations
- Team lead experience in application development
- Deep knowledge and experience of one or more languages e.g., Java, C#, etc.
- Experience with server-side technologies e.g. Node, .NET, python, etc.
- Experience with client-side technologies e.g. Angular JS, React, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile methodology
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Big Data analytics is a plus
- Experience with modern data architectures (e.g. event driven architectures, data democratization, platform approaches to support ML/AI at scale, stream processing, and integrating real time analytics into customer applications)
- Must have experience implementing solutions on AWS or Azure cloud using cloud-native capabilities, microservices.
- Experience with UML or Archimate
- Experience with SOA, including REST, SOAP, API Management, and other integration patterns e.g. ESB, EIP, etc.
- Must have extensive solution delivery experience in leading complex and large diverse technology programs.
- Experience building solutions comprising of IoT devices a plus
- Experience with building large go-to-market platforms a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems expected
- Minimum 15 years of experience in a related discipline
- Or, equivalent combination of education, training, or experience
- Must be an intellectually curious individual who has a passion for new business development, as well as genuine enthusiasm for the complex process of innovation and R&D.
- Open CA Level 1: Certified or Level 2: Master
- TOGAF 9 Certified
- ArchiMate 3 Practitioner