Descripción del Trabajo
This position will manage carrier relations for all transportation activities within the region, and along with the Carrier Managers in the other regions, manage Jabil’s global carrier relationships. This position will support and work with the regional sites, in coordinating inter and intra-regional transportation requirements, lead the sites in selecting carriers and constructing routing guides and in driving productivity initiatives. This position will support the SC Network Optimization team with in-region logistics expertise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. (Other duties may be assigned)
· Serve as Transportation expert in region
· Manage carriers and forwarders
· Manage carrier tariffs and coordinate freight quotations
· Work with sites in building and managing routing guides
· Maintain metrics and activity reports
· Work as part of global carrier team
· Drive global and regional carrier productivity and cost reduction programs
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree required. Five years plus of international and regional logistics experience.
Support all additional Logistics project /programs ; for example :like deployment of enterprise Transport Management System (TMS) ; etc as may arise as part of role and responsibility requirement.