Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible for the Materials and Metrology Test Lab and Processes to support the 3D printing and post processing. Functions to improve efficiency and increase profitability of manufacturing processes and systems throughout the organization. Participates in continuous improvement, process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving. Performs technical work to assist in overall process design and, provide procedural recommendations to optimize quality and maximize productivity of manufacturing processes and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyze daily process yield reports that will include, but not limited to the following: operator errors, defective product, test equipment/test defects, RMA product defects, and spear corrective actions.
• Increase production yields by understanding and reducing operator errors and driving manufacturing and test lab engineering defects back to the appropriate department.
• Assist Equipment Engineer in developing preventative maintenance program and assure compliance to reduce downtime and increase process yields throughout the process.
• Analyze downtime sheets recording downtime of a station to set guidelines for preventative maintenance scheduling.
• Ensure all process manuals and documentation are maintained properly.
• Review all 5x5 tests to ensure that they were performed and adhered to.
• Perform walkthroughs, inspections, product evaluation and testing as needed.
• Conduct NPI test evaluations.
• Prevent test escapes.
• Ensure product testing completeness and reliability.
• Update and generate documentation as required.
• Assist Project Equipment Engineer with test process review.
• Evaluates test probes.
• Set-up equipment to perform any required programming and verification test following established procedures for the specified operations to be performed. Trains technicians to follow the established procedures.
• Ensure quality (work meets or exceeds Jabil Workmanship Standards) and improve efficiency through the use of the SPC system when available.
• Operates and trains technicians to automated electronic test equipment on manufactured 3D printed assemblies
• Responsible for maintaining a continuous flow of the manufacturing line and meeting production goals while performing the assigned test duties.
• Label and stamp boards, and fill out tags.
• Advise supervisor of any recurring test failure so that prompt corrective action may be taken.
• Ensure 3D printed assemblies are properly handled and marked.
• Ensure daily logs and move/production tickets are accurately maintained.
• Follow simple, standardized and routine written directions for assigned test operations.
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management.
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Associates or Bachelors of Science in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or Lab Science preferred
• Three (3) to five (5) years experience
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience