Descripción del Trabajo
Ensure efficient operations through careful leadership of all assigned shipping and receiving activities. Ensure proper packaging and accurate recording of all inventories and shipped material to maximize customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Proficient with all system requirements for customer shipping within the plant. AES, Carrier Networks, TMS, and general BOL creation and retention.
· Proficient in SAP processing requirements for each customer.
· Establish daily routine required specific to each workcell, to include all variables.
· Coordinate daily shipping activities with individual work cells and with the carriers.
· Establish and maintain customer relationships to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction.
· Flexible with the work cell to change hours upon request to cover late shipments if needed. Overtime will be required during quarter ends.
· Continually improve efficiency while reducing overall material handling costs.
· Provide daily feedback to the work cell and Manager on all inventory related issues.
· Solve position related problems with little or no assistance.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes, consolidation of tasks, eliminating non-value-added processes.
· Provide feedback to Manager on cost and cost savings ideas.
· Post Goods Issue research and resolution.
· Coordinate with work cell to determine cut off and delivery times.
· Continually interface with required departmental supervisors and support groups within the plant operations.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Identify individual and team strengths and communicate with Workcell Manager.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Develop best practices to reduce waste and increase productivity.
· Coach and counsel employees and overall team development.
· Ensure accurate reporting for all direct reports (such as Kronos)
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Proficient SAP skills, including web shipping tools and shipping documentation.
· Capability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and to effectively present information to management.
· Ability to mathematically calculate percentages, area, circumference, and volume required in a shipping environment.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Advanced Microsoft Office required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High School diploma required
· Three (3) years shipping related experience required
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.