Descripción del Trabajo
Provide leadership and guidance to project teams consisting of business and IT professionals who are engaged in planning and implementing solutions that are small/medium size. The incumbent will also engage as a key team member by providing support for larger, more complex projects under the guide of a Senior Project Manager or Program Manager. Mentoring Project Management subordinates is an essential responsibility of this role to ensure that the team is maturing their project skills and capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure project scope and costs are agreed upon by the stakeholders
· Coordinate business requirements gathering, documentation and stakeholder approval
· Prepare project plan(s) and implementation schedule(s): ensure the project plan includes all stakeholder requirements and the nine areas of knowledge from Project Management Body of Knowledge®
· Conduct internal and vendor inquiries pertaining to the development of technology or information systems to meet current and projected business needs
· Coordination of RFI/RFPs with third parties, project and internal IT procurement team
· Provide regular report updates to all stakeholders and project sponsors, including status updates, milestone information and risk and issue information
· Active problem solving: recognize potential problem areas against the plan and identifies and implements alternative solutions
· Serve as escalation point for project risks and issues
· Provide guidance on team activity through leadership and support towards goals
· Work independently on medium risk projects with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Recommend, prepare and conduct training
· Manage change control processes and is responsible for overall project execution
· Maintain a good working relationship with customers and vendors
· Ensure 100% adherence to all IT and department policy, processes and procedures.
· Other duties may be assigned
· General responsibilities include the following:
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations
· Effectively identify and address project-related conflicts
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction
· To be dependable and conscientious in all work performed
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to IT systems, data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business discipline preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience leading multiple formal IT projects.
• PMI's Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification or equivalent is preferred.
Acquire knowledge and experience in SAP /manufacturing information system/ shop floor system
Experience in implementing IT solution to large and cross site organization
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Fluency in English and Chinese is essential