Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible for design and development of new Mechanical Design of mechanical systems and parts with some level of direction from Engineer III. Should be able to perform a variety of applicable hand analysis for problem solving. Should be familiar with our commonly used manufacturing processes and how to effectively design parts for them. This includes PCB level mounting and heat sinking, structural and thermal analysis, and material and component selection for plastic and metal designs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Work with manager and/or TPM / PM to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
· Provide Document control with a complete component or subassembly design package including drawings and database.
· Provide Document Control with a complete design package consisting of schematics, BOM’s, vendor lists.
· Work concurrently with Jabil CAD Services, Business Unit Management, Manufacturing, Test, Purchasing, and Quality departments through the design phase of a program. Work to provide a design that not only meets the customer’s criteria, but is also of high quality, manufacturability, and cost effective.
· Work with Design Manager and/or TPM / PM to provide Business Unit Management / Business Development with timely and accurate design quotations to aid in the quoting process.
· Help Business Unit Management / Business Development in the decision of the feasibility and technological merit of new opportunities.
· Support production discrepancies by incorporating fixes into subsequent revisions in a timely manner.
· Record all ideas, sketches, and pertinent conversations in Design Engineering approved Log Book or Design Notebook.
· Use SPC data collected in production in subsequent programs to ensure continuing improvement in designs.
· Be responsible for directing the Design Technicians on their assigned projects.
· Oversee assembly and test of engineering prototypes.
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· Assigned to projects of moderate scope, where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
· Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
· Travel requirement: 25%; some international travel required.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from four-year college or university; and four to six (4-6) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters Degree in Engineering preferred. Possess advanced skill in one of the following areas: Thermal Analysis; Optical Engineering; Finite Element Structural Analysis. Possess ProEngineer CAD skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to walk, and to lift and carry PC’s and test equipment weighing up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an engineering lab area where the noise level is low to moderate.