Descripción del Trabajo
Lead and supervise IT staff and the activities associated with the identification, prioritization, and resolution of day-to-day operational issues and opportunities for improvement. Ensures that all phases of IT services are coordinated, monitored, logged, tracked, and resolved appropriately. Assigns personnel to various operations and directs their activities. Interact with peers and customers on a regular basis focusing on business processes and business systems. Reviews and evaluates work and prepares performance reports.
The Test Automation Supervisor drives quality in our solutions and provides deep expertise in planning, constructing, and executing test plans. Demonstrates the ability to handle complexity and creativity in design by thinking outside the box to determine the best way a test can be performed. Also, the Test Automation Supervisor must have a passion for challenges, have a focused mindset and provide technical leadership and strategic direction. Help to transform our current test automation process into a continuous and efficient end-to-end quality process using our frameworks, tools, and methodologies significantly improving our solution reliability, integrity, and performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in Recruitment of IT support personnel
• Training of site and corporate tools, processes, and service delivery.
• Participate in the Performance management, Preparation, and delivery of Performance Reviews, Personnel Development Plans, Training Plans, Terminations, Turnover, Succession Planning, Reward and Recognition Programs, etc.
• Participation in metrics management and performance of IT support and services.
• Participation and coordination of work schedules, priorities, and performance management of personnel for IT-related tasks and services.
• Participate and drive toward continuous improvement in metrics, performance, and customer satisfaction of the team including the analysis of key metric data
• Compliance with regulatory requirements, Security policies, and SOX related activities
• Schedule personnel job duties to provide the necessary coverage
• Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department
• Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style
• Provide regular updates to appropriate managers
• Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant
• Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in the field”
• Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively, making customer issues a priority
• Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations
• Establish new measurement systems if/where possible
• Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization
• Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e., Security, Health, Safety, and Quality)
• Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer-specific
• Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
• Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction
• Understand business processes and business tools in the current environment
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by the supervisor.
• Engage with customers to evaluate issues and opportunities for improvement
• May perform financial related duties as directed by supervisor
• Project Management as required
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Lead the Testing Automation team with members distributed over different geographies towards the success of different initiatives
• Define the scope of testing in accordance with each release
• Define and implement metrics for testing automation coverage and efficiency
• Deploy and manage the resources for testing
• Guarantee test sufficiency, efficiency, and product quality
• Development of test strategy and plan
• Work closely with project managers and other IT teams on prioritization and fixes of uncovered defects
• Provide reporting on testing progress to Sr Management (i.e. number of test cases run, number of critical defects fixed within a week)
• Coordinate periodically execution of End-To-End performance tests
• Present performance trends to the development teams and warnings in case of detecting coding inefficiencies
• Maintain testing processes clearly documented
• Provide regular updates to appropriate managers
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Project management experience
• Interpersonal skills in working with the management and technical teams in a “self-starter” role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarized with Waterfall/Agile processes
• Strong attention to the detail
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 2-3 years work-related experience required
• ITIL experience preferred
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience