Descripción del Trabajo
Ensures efficient operations through all aspects of Import/Export activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supervises and coordinates import and export activities. Ensures that they are monitored and reviewed for accuracy and in compliance with applicable national laws, regulations, rules, policies and procedures.
· Supervises and coordinates activities related to expediting the incoming shipments from carriers and/or forwarders and verifying the freight invoice against purchase terms with vendors.
· Coordinates with Planning, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management and Finance to ensure proper and necessary customs documents are prepared for the customers or received from vendors.
· Monitors and reports all the import/export activities.
· Coordinates and directs the daily activities of the members of the customs department .
· Provides training and coaching to members of the customs staff.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree in Logistics.
· Three to five years experience including at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.