Descripción del Trabajo
This position helps to continue to further enhance Jabil's IT Business Continuity program. You will reach across different IT organizations and company entities to support Jabil’s corporate effort to advance business continuity and disaster recovery readiness throughout the IT organization. Must identify and develop strategies to mitigate or respond to threats as they impact Jabil operations. You will participate in and or, lead various efforts and initiatives to accomplish the mission of ensuring Jabil's continuity of operations. Some of your main responsibilities will include: Develops, implements, and tests plans and procedures to ensure the Jabil Circuit Inc. businesses can respond to disruptions so that critical business functions can be resumed within a defined time frame, the amount of loss can be minimized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes in the development of BCP AND DRP Project scoping and planning
- Contributes in the preparation and/or deliver of IT Business threat, vulnerability and/or risk briefings
- Contributes to the risk analysis and business impact analyses process in preparing information for non-IT consumption
- Assists in the organization of the plans and prepares for use through the BCP portal for the design and development of BCPs and DRPs for all business units and facilities
- Assists with reports in the operation of the Crisis Command Center and related tasks during a crisis event
- Assists in the business continuity and disaster recovery testing methodologies. Assists in plan and coordination testing of recovery support and business resumption procedures in functional areas to ensure recovery procedures are effective for restoration of key resources and resumption of critical business processes. This includes outside service providers, vendors, and customers.
- Assists in providing expertise and support to ISS management and business areas as required when a business disruption occurs.
- Assists in preparation of disaster recovery training for staff member in all functional areas. Assists in providing instructional and informational materials on how employees are expected to respond during an emergency.
- Assists in preparation of report of business continuity status to senior management
- Maintain library of recovery support and business resumption procedures, updating procedures to reflect changes in staff and facilities.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of policies in the areas of BCP and DRP
- Assists in facilitating the annual review and assessment of BCP and DRP’s and supports the plan owner with the revision or modification of the plans
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
- Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
- Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
- To be dependable and conscientious in all work performed.