Descripción del Trabajo
This position is responsible for preparing the financial materials to be used in external financial reports. Contributes to researching and addressing new accounting and/or US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP) and/or SEC reporting guidance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists with the preparation of SEC and external filings, including 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and earnings release.
• Prepares support schedules and tie-out for SEC filings.
• Prepares financial statements and footnotes.
• Assists with research and resolution of SEC reporting issues.
• Contributes to monitoring and implementing new U.S. GAAP accounting guidance and SEC reporting requirements.
• Coordinates with cross-functional teams to support timely and accurate reporting.
• Coordinates with key members of various departments to gather, analyze and validate information.
• Supports internal and external audit and review procedures.
• Supports SOX compliance documentation and testing as required.
• Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
Reporting and Consolidations
• Performs close activities, including preparation and review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany eliminations and account rollforwards.
• Consolidates, reviews and analyzes financial submissions and schedules from U.S. and international sites
• Coordinates with cross-functional teams to support a timely and accurate consolidation.
• Prepares monthly balance sheet and income statement variance analyses.
• Prepares financial analyses and internal reporting for management.
• Prepares schedules for external reporting.
• Timely communication and support of sites and other functions.
• Support internal and external audit and review procedures.
• Support SOX compliance documentation and testing as required.
• Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
• Provide technical accounting expertise and support while advising the Company on its business issues and/or transactions.
• Perform research and provide guidance on technical accounting issues on a range of accounting topics including revenue recognition, leases, inventory, fixed assets, foreign currency, fair value measurements, pensions, derivatives, etc.
• Prepare comprehensive position papers that document and support the Company’s accounting conclusions reached on specific transactions and/or upon adoption on new accounting guidance.
• Contribute to monitoring and implementing new U.S. GAAP accounting guidance and SEC reporting requirements.
• Maintain internal controls and procedures to ensure effective risk management and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley § 404.
• Provide support to the Company’s external auditors during audits and interim reviews.
• Participate in special project and/or ad-hoc requests as they arise.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 5+ years of experience
• Multinational company and/or Manufacturing experience, preferred
• SAP and Cognos Controller experience, preferred
• CPA preferred for Reporting/Consolidations role and SEC role; CPA required for Technical Accounting role.
• Strong knowledge and experience with Accounting concepts, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP), SOX and SEC reporting requirements.
• Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks in an environment of changing priorities.
• Ability to focus with an attention to detail.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to extract and analyze data to identify trends, anomalies and differences; turning data into actionable insights.
• The ability to identify, understand a problem and its root cause, and research effective solutions.
• Takes initiative and executes independently to proactively address accounting related matters and solutions.
• Understands opposing opinions, offers unique perspectives, and is able to gain support for ideas and solutions.
• Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office