Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible to set standards for the design, maintenance, documentation, and upgrades of all networks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must be able to perform all duties of the Network Administrator, Network Engineer I and:
· Maintian overall network performance and availability.
· Implement and/or design addressing schemes for voice and data networks.
· Integrate all networks voice, data, video.
· Analyze networks and recommend upgrades, changes and anticipate future needs.
· Lead and direct the work of others, i.e. Network Administrator and Network Engineer I.
· Responsible for OSI model layers 6 and 7.
· Devise and implement complex security appliance configurations.
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems and 10 years equivalent external work experience, including Cisco command line. CCIE and CCIP Certification required.
Customer service skills as well as effective communication skills – both verbal and written. Ability to follow written and verbal directions. Understanding of common business applications, i.e. Excel and Word. Skills to design WAN. Ability to use network diagnostic tools, testers, analyzers. Design solutions in a hierarchal manner. Mentoring abilities. Need to know the OSI model. Understand network connectivity concepts. Basic understanding of Ethernet. Inventory Tracking. Working knowledge of organization structure. Network monitoring and management skills. Extensive experience and judgment in planning and goal accomplishment. Personnel management skills. Experience in design and implementation of advanced networks. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Individual will be required to use computer keyboards or other equipment for extended periods of time. Individual may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision for reading and studying technical materials and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of the time. Specific physical abilities required by the job may include walking, reaching carrying and lifting up to 25 lbs, with some occasional lifting up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.