Descripción del Trabajo
The Regional Compliance Counsel, Americas, will be responsible for oversight of Jabil’s Ethics & Compliance program in the United States, Latin America and Canada. The Regional Compliance Counsel, Americas will serve as an advisor to regional leadership and corporate functions, conduct internal investigations, and provide counseling and training to employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Responsible for the assessment and triage of all compliance-related matters in the Americas region.
- Provide oversight, direction, and advice in the end-to-end process of conducting internal investigations involving allegations of misconduct including but not limited to fraud, conflict of interest, corruption, and theft.
- Help ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, in coordination with a broad group of stakeholders including Operations, Human Resources, Finance, Global Security and senior business leadership. Provide ethics and compliance guidance to Jabil regional leadership.
- Work with stakeholders to implement remediation plans, and assist in risk assessments, readiness, outreach, training and the design and implementation of controls.
- Responsible for providing supervision and guidance to the Americas Regional Compliance Team.
- Participation in overall program strategy as a member of the Global Ethics & Compliance Leadership Team. Identify, design, and drive global compliance initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA-accredited law school or international equivalent. Must be licensed, in good standing, in at least one jurisdiction.
- Experience successfully conducting, directing and providing legal guidance on complex workplace investigations in multi-jurisdictional environments, including reporting investigation findings to senior management and executives.
- Experience providing guidance to management on remedial actions resulting from internal investigations.
- Experience working with government regulators.
- Minimum twelve (12) years work-related experience, with at least 5 years significant prosecutorial, government investigation or experience conducting internal investigations as an in-house or outside counsel.
- Proven knowledge of / experience in conducting end-to-end compliance investigations in multi-jurisdictional environments required.
- Experience in the investigative analysis of financial data preferred.
Full Professional English and Spanish language proficiency required. Portuguese language proficiency (written/verbal) preferred.