Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible for carrying out [tax compliance/accounting], [tax planning], or [transfer pricing] projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in the timely and accurate review of federal and state income tax returns and other specified tax returns in Mexico
• Participate in the timely and accurate preparation/review of income tax provision calculations under ASC 740. Participate in the analysis of valuation allowance considerations, uncertain tax positions, and APB 23 exception assertions for US tax reporting
• Improve processes by identifying efficiencies in preparation and information gathering procedures
• Seek ways to identify tax savings opportunities and work with others, where applicable, to implement those strategies approved by Jabil management
• Actively maintain and improve the administration of procedures and internal controls within the tax function in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley §404 compliance
• Perform tax research for tax return items and special projects
• Collaborate with other departments on cross-functional projects
• Interface directly with public accountants during annual financial audit and quarterly interim reporting
• Keep up to date on changes in tax law and related guidance through webcasts, technical reading, and trainings
• Problem solve potential tax issues identified and communicate results to key stakeholders
• Train/supervise other employees within the department
• Select, develop, evaluate and motivate subordinates to provide the department with a source of qualified talent
• Must be analytical and knowledgeable in accounting procedures and practices and be capable of working independently with general supervision from the Manager/Director
• Review international tax compliance workpapers, review and edits of related tax returns in tax software, and assist with documentation of tax return positions
• Preparation and/or review of tax modeling for purposes of tax expense provision, tax compliance and tax planning
• Assist in planning and implementing cross border restructurings and cash redeployment, including tax analysis preparation and documentation
• Provide tax analysis with respect to new business opportunities identified by business partners and communicate results
• Collaborate with other departments on cross-functional projects and ensure each department has required guidance for tax purposes
• Interface directly with public accountants/tax counsel on technical advice
• Review legal documents for specific content and propose recommended modifications as needed
• Review and analyze data to identify key issues and formulate solutions
• Select, develop, evaluate and motivate subordinates to provide the department with a source of qualified talent.
• Keep up to date on changes in tax law and related guidance through webcasts and technical reading.
•May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervised job title(s) typically include:
• Tax Intern
• Tax Associate
• Tax Asscoiate II
• Experience in analytical tasks and research
• Working knowledge of tax technical rules
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to become proficient in accounting and tax return software
• Working knowledge in use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or Taxation. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
• Has 8+ years of experience.