Descripción del Trabajo
Provides technical leadership and is responsible for determining the direction for the IT architecture, standards, design and
implementation approaches for the company’s application systems, infrastructure and/or network-based cloud product systems.
Creates, evaluates and implements plans and design proposals for high impact IT solutions and their use involving leading edge
technologies and methods considering key factors such as their long-term effectiveness (service delivery and cost), practicality,
technical limitations and criticality. In this expert-level role with advisory responsibilities to senior management, wide latitude is
given in establishing objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior IT Architect
· Know and understand Jabil business strategy
· Know and understand Jabil IT strategy & objectives
· Identify and assess the IT needs of the enterprise
· Apply this knowledge to define technical roadmaps that balance investment and benefit
· Define the overall solution architecture consistent with Jabil’s methodology
· Be responsible for the technical solution by providing leadership for the customer, project manager, domain architects,
domain specialists and application engineers to advance and deliver solutions
· Collaborate with Enterprise Architects to design and deliver solutions
· Serve as a trusted advisor to clients and management
· Assess merits of alternative technical approaches and gain consensus for best approach
· Follow, promote, and improve recognized methodologies to design and deliver solutions
· Ensure that the non-functional requirements are satisfied including, but not limited to, security, disaster recovery,
availability, and performance
· Research technology and industry trends to hone both personal and Jabil’s competitive edge
· Through modeling or prototyping, validate solution prior to full implementation
· Demonstrate expertise in one of the following disciplines: Enterprise Architecture, Business Architecture, Information
Architecture, Application Architecture, Technology Infrastructure Architecture
· Mentor IT Architects
· Develop project plans and influence project organization
· Apply recognized system sizing methodology
· Vet change(s) with respect to scope, schedule, cost, risk, etc.
· Cross train staff to reduce delivery risk
· Define processes & methods necessary to support delivery/deployment
· Define management tools to support production environment
· Utilize Lean Six Sigma or other methods to identify & provide guidance on organizational improvement opportunities
· Perform root cause analysis and remediation actions
· Contribute to Jabil IP though development and submission of patents
Policy & Procedures
· Comply with IT policy, procedure, and process
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
Training & Development · Define technical job content & qualifications of key roles required to support technical infrastructure · Work closely with management to assess and aid the development of staff skill sets · Assist management to assess and help resolve staffing knowledge gaps Communication · Publish and present to customers, IT leaders and business executives · Engage with vendors and third parties as needed · Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style · Ask questions; encourage input from staff · Develop peer relationships with Senior Manager or Director Level personnel
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically reports to management.
· The purpose of this role is not primarily managerial, and the job is typically NOT directly responsible for managing employees
(e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
· Advanced understanding of all architectural components and their interrelationships
· Strong knowledge of Software Engineering and Architectural Principles and methods
· Strong presentation and written communication skills
· Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations
· Team lead experience in application development
· Deep knowledge and experience of one or more languages e.g., Java, C#, etc.
· Deep knowledge and experience with server-side technologies
· Experience with client-side technologies e.g., Node, Angular
· Experience working in an Agile methodology
· Experience with relational databases and SQL
· Experience with Cloud technologies
· Experience with UML or Archimate
· Experience with SOA, including REST, SOAP, API Management, and other integration patterns e.g. ESB, EIP, etc.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
· Experience and skills commensurate with attainment of The Open Group Certified Architect
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems expected
· Minimum 15 years of experience in a related discipline
· Or, equivalent combination of education, training, or experience
· Open CA Level 1: Certified or Level 2: Master
· TOGAF 9 Certified
· ArchiMate 3 Practitioner
- Advanced experience with PaloAlto Panorama, Palo Alto Firewalls and Cisco ASA Firewalls, Zscaler and Skybox
- Experience with network infrastructure in enterprise datacenter and and both Azure and AWS environments
- Extensive knowledge of network security concepts, platforms, management tools, and application of each.
- Experience with network troubleshooting tools (Wireshark) and SEIM tools (Splunk)
- Expert knowledge of the Zero Trust (ZT) Framework and modern network security architectures and practical experience implementing integrated solutions that support a ZT framework.
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP networking, ports, protocols, and the OSI model.
- Additional Preferred Certifications: CISSP, Cisco CCNA/CCNA/Security, CCNP/CCNP Security, CCIE certifications