Descripción del Trabajo
Reporting to the Plant Manager, directs the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality and cost objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Plans, directs, and coordinates the operations of production.
· Plans and directs the manufacturing engineering, test engineering and engineering support departments.
· Develops schedules and staffing requirements based on production forecast.
· Sets priorities for production schedules based on sales forecast, equipment efficiency, and materials supply. Ensures the successful transition of new product introductions.
· Makes major budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and labor.
· Approves training programs.
· Ensures safety standards are met.
· Ensures quality standards are met.
· Ensures affirmative action goals are met.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (BSEE, BSME, BSEET, BSIE) or equivalent experience required.
· Requires extensive knowledge of production process activities.
· Plus 5 or more years of progressive supervisory or management experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.