Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible for the administration and management of the financial and business aspects of plant operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire Finance/Accounting Staff.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Finance/Accounting position candidates.
· Coach Finance/Accounting staff in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Finance/Accounting staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for Finance/Accounting function.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Business Unit, peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement an Accounting strategy which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
· Develop an understanding of the workcell business strategy as it pertains to Finance.
· Provide regular updates to Business Unit on the execution of the strategy.
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers on cost and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management OR equivalent education and training and 4-5 years experience in a relevant Jabil financial position OR equivalent external work experience, including at least 3 years experience in a supervisory or management role within an accounting department. CPA Certificate or advanced degree is preferred. Ability to travel.
Travel will be required between the Brandywine (Westchester, PA) and Elmira (Upstate NY) plants.
Onsite role with remote opportunities.