Descripción del Trabajo
The Data Scientist I is a statistical analyst well versed in various analytical disciplines, such as linear and constraint programming, modeling, simulation, time series analysis, text analytics, multivariate analysis, and other various predictive analytics techniques. This role will have experience querying and analyzing large data sets using traditional structured data base tools and “big data” tools for unstructured data to generate actionable insights and solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Work as part of a data science, business intelligence, and/or business analytics team to produce predictive and/or statistical models and algorithms or statistical engines for input to key business applications. (e.g. InControl 2.0, R, Azure ML, Minitab, Python, SaS, IBM SPSS)
● Take direction from senior data scientists and/or IT Technical Leads on model creation where required.
● Participate in team stand ups, meetings and brainstorming activities.
● Demonstrates a commitment to customer service; anticipates, meets, and exceeds expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
● Build dashboards as well as bespoke, custom analysis.
● Work on teams with business/functional stakeholders to help make data driven decisions
● Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
● Advanced Statistics, operations research/ management, mathematics or business analytics with experience, courses, or project work in an analytic methods such as linear, mixed linear, constraint programming, modeling, simulation, time series analysis, pattern recognition, queuing theory, multivariate analysis, and other various predictive analytics techniques
● Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in teams and under pressure. Multi-lingual capability is a plus.
● Ability to draw conclusions from data and prescribe actionable and measurable activities.
● Highly motivated and creative, thinking “out of the box”.
● Familiarity with non-relational data frameworks.
● Experience with big data applications and machine learning applications.
● Strong team mentality, interpersonal and communications skills
● Enthusiasm and ability to seek out and learn new technologies and algorithms outside of your immediate toolset/knowledge to solve business problems where required.