Descripción del Trabajo
A Principal Electrical Engineer leads and/or advises design teams focused on significant and unique design projects and challenges. Delivers projects through the entire product development process into production. As a Principal, you will be expected to demonstrate a level of expertise in a particular area that matches or exceeds the expertise of customers. Consults on system architectures, assess technical requirements and competencies needed during quoting and oversee design progressions during product developments. Mentors and leads others in the organization to build team members design capability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads and/or advises embedded hardware design and validation on significantly challenging and unique product applications
- Leads or advises on new and unique embedded hardware design and PCB layout designs utilizing standard tools
- Delivers solutions that require multiple Electrical design expertise across multiple EE competencies with limited supervision.
- Leads and/or advises system architecture analysis and clarifies design requirements to define the appropriate EE architecture for the design team.
- Evaluating/selecting electronic components, and makes recommendations to component mfg, regarding roadmaps and feature enhancements
- Communicates technical aspects of a project effectively to customer, and can lead some customer engagements.
- Lead design innovations and potential patentable solutions
- Lead resolution of complex design issues and manages design trade-offs
- Train/coach other engineers in design analysis and tools
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Coordinates with professional networks to answer unique issues related to Industry or specific sector, regulatory and safety standards.
- Broad knowledge developing high complexity projects that have required multiple Electical Engineering Design specializations or competencies:Power supply Theory, Digital theory, Analog theory, RF Design, etc.
- In-depth knowledge anduse of key development tools and design standards: Component derating, DFMEA, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, simulation tools, etc.
NON-TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Leads EE projects with multiple engineers assigned.
- Leads cross-functional and EE design reviews.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Electrical Engineering Degree (BSEE/MSEE/PHD or equivalent experience)
- 12+ years experience in embedded hardware design or other key competency
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.