Descripción del Trabajo
Leads the Process Engineering department in operating with a high level of efficiency, integrity, and enthusiasm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and interpret customer documentation, quality requirements and Engineering Changes
- Design and develop processes to meet all product and customer requirements efficiently and effectively:
- Determine Process Flow
- Create operator work instructions for automated and manual processes including inspection points
- Design, order and validate process tooling including SMT stencils, wave pallets, press-fit tooling, component forming/prep tooling, jigs, fixtures, etc.
- Maintain customer Bill of Materials
- Chemical approval and application processes
- Ensure that process parameters are within acceptable tolerances for products and components, and result in solder quality that meets IPC-610/J-STD-001 Class 3 requirements.
- Follow product launches to validate process effectiveness and implement necessary improvements.
- Aid the production floor to evaluate and resolve issues related to Man/Method/Machine/Material/Measurement/Environment.
- Monitor key metrics such as Customer Return Rate (CRR), First Pass Yield (FPY), and Scrap and provide improvement plans to keep metrics above goal.
- Continually strive to balance and optimize line throughput, including efforts to minimize changeover downtime
- Provide input on creative ways to reduce costs by streamlining processes and systems.
- Provide guidance, assistance and / or training to the Manufacturing Engineering Assistants and Manufacturing Engineering Technicians.
- Assist Project Engineer(s) with capacity modeling and labor quoting activities.
- Encourage open communication and exchange of information within the M.E. department and between the various support groups.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Prior Manufacturing/Process Engineering experience in Electronics Manufacturing including:
- Demonstrated knowledge of components, printed circuit boards, and chemistries used in electronics manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement processes related to relevant electronics manufacturing technology
- Demonstrated knowledge of IPC-610/J-STD-001 requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of labor capacity, quoting and efficiency.
- Ability to effectively communicate (both written and verbal) with suppliers, customers, peers, and direct-labor manufacturing personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Knowledge in conformal coatings and other chemistries used on printed circuit boards.
- Knowledge of lean / six sigma tools and principles.
- Knowledge of different programming language used in industry.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.