Descripción del Trabajo
To assist the Quality Engineering function as technical support in issues affecting manufacturing. To support and drive corrective action efforts. To support the drive for continuous improvement at Jabil.
Enhances the capabilities of the Quality Assurance Department by providing technical support to help Accountable Manager, Maintenance Manager, and Quality Manager improve the throughput, quality, and yield of CFR Part 145 compliant products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Inspect, measure, and test mechanical, electrical and electromechanical components and assemblies
· Verify material conformance to specifications. Interprets company and industrial specifications.
· Gather and maintain specific records of technical data related to materials, tools, fixtures and processes used in company
· Performs in process inspections and audits and logs results for later analysis.
· Assist inspectors as first point of contact for defects and issues.
· Review the defect sample and check the purge process.
· Collects and analyzes data using statistical analysis methods
· Assist Quality Engineers with follow up on the execution of DA, ECN and CAPA(Corrective Action and Preventive Action).
· Review non-conformance material and products.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
CFR Specific Responsibilities:
· Monitors the process yields throughout the line. Calculates First Pass Yield, Recognizes and helps solve yield-decreasing problems, implements & drives internal corrective actions.
· Reviews and Maintains all required repair documentation while adhering to strict regulatory guidelines
· Makes airworthiness determinations and approves components per CFR Part 145 regulations.
· Assists Maint. Mgr, QE and/or CE to collect related data and follow up the corrective action
· Ensures CFR Part 145 assembly process information is communicated consistently and effectively throughout the line and from shift to shift. This communication might include inspection instruction, production scheduling, and other specific instructions.
· Participates in purges and MRB meeting to ensure proper disposition of discrepant material.
· Guides and helps Customer Quality Technician to draft proper visual aids for inspection and repair.
· Ensures all processes are in compliance with the appropriate CFR’s and Directives. Follows up on changes of effective and expiry dates.
· Participates with the team members on implementations and follows up on the estimated effective dates and commitment from workcell members.
· Assist the Repair Station Maint. Mgr. expediting WIP and driving OTD.
· Assist the Maint. Mgr. with Repair Station related administrative duties.
· Perform line, process, and product audits within the Repair Station.·
· Carries out experimentation, process capability studies, or other technical evaluation to improve yield and quality
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Must be qualified for and attain CFR Part 145 Repairman License within 8-12 weeks (CFR Title 14, Chapter I, Subchapter D, part 65)
· Ability to fully understand, read, and write English
· Must be able and willing to meet minimum requirements to attain CFR Part 145 Repairman License
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
One to three years related experience and/or training, preferably in a quality or test level function.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk. Reaching, loading, and unloading of boards and reels is mandatory, as is lifting of up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.