Descripción del Trabajo
Acting as member of corporate EHS Team, the EHS expert will provide expert support and oversight in Jabil Business Segments and sites to drive procedures, programs, processes, and systems that help the enterprise achieve zero injuries and illnesses, zero environmental incidents and zero non-conformances within the occupational Environmental function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides interpretation of technical ENVIRONMENTAL/OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY matters and relevant legal/customer requirements that have global impact at the enterprise.
· Working with global EHS Leadership Team, establish clear expectation on enterprise minimum requirement across the company on all EHS matters related topics.
· Provide support to Business Segment EHS teams and sites for implementation and technical difficulties upon request.
· Develop, maintain, and execute training content on specific technical guidelines, Jabil Worldwide EHS standards or regulatory requirement in the means to support the understanding and implementation of the requirements (train the trainers).
· Collaborate with wider EHS community to monitor EHS performance within enterprise and identify opportunities for improvement.
· Coordinate with the members of corporate EHS team to initiate, develop and execute projects and plans to address major incidents, risk reduction and compliance projects.
· Influence the manufacturing organization to improve knowledge and understanding through various means, including working in cross-functional teams.
· Commission and review process ENVIRONMENTAL/OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY / INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE technical matters, engineering deliverables from engineering contractors and suppliers.
· Be an active member of Corporate Assessment team in developing lean processes for Jabil AIM – a program to assess the performance of each site against Corporate and local requirements and create a path for increasing maturity year-over-year.
· Work cooperatively with internal customers (Business Segments and site EHS) for smooth deployment of the Jabil AIM program (including SAT, Training; monitoring; validation and so on).
· Join global assurance program as Lead auditor/auditor/SME upon request (including AIM validation program) as needed for internal governance.
· Provide EHS support on an ongoing basis to Corporate offices and R&D locations and other corporate activities include mergers and acquisitions, integration; perform confidential investigations cases; incident; or near miss events upon request.
· Maintain knowledge of codes, standards, and regulations relevant to ENVIRONMENTAL/OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY / INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE technical matters field. Actively incorporate that knowledge into Jabil practices.
· Understand all aspects of Corporate EHS IT tools, particularly their use and requirements.
· Be familiar with all Corporate EHS technical and process standards/specification and associated documents.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluency in Spanish strongly preferred.
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; a team orientation, as well as the ability to deal effectively with personnel at all levels (executives, managers, and non-managerial), within and outside the organization.
· Project management experience.
· Training & development experience.
· Exhibits positivity, passion, integrity, and responsibility.
· Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities.
· Experience working for labor intensive industry is preferred.
· Experience working in Asia, EU and US is preferred.
· Experience in management of contractors and other technical resources a plus.
· Knowledge of EHS technical requirements and best practice requirements in a multinational manufacturing environment.
· Experience in managing regulatory requirements for one or more sites.
· Skill in risk based decision making, effectively coordinating EHS and business needs.
· Superior knowledge of ENVIRONMENTAL/OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFERTY / INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE safety matters regulatory and best practice requirements in a multinational manufacturing environment.
· Experience in a regulated environment.
· Skill in risk based decision making, effectively coordinating ENVIRONMENTAL/OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY / INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE technical matters and business needs.
Highly Preferred: ENVIRONMENTAL science, engineering and/or regulatory experience in an international manufacturing organization. Specialization in one or more of the following areas of ENVRIRONMENTAL science, engineering and/or regulatory: Water Management & Pollution Control, Soil & Groundwater Pollution Control, Air Pollution Control, Industrial Waste Water Treatment, Environmental Permitting, Environmental Regulations & PolicyThis job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.